Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, well that was SOOOOO worth the wait! It's late, but here are some pics, some stories and reviews to follow!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Blue Motor vehicle

In our driveway, safe and sound!

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why does Canada always have to be different? Sport tech, really? Could have come up with a less gay name.
Canada thinks your name is gay. Just kidding...but seriously, don't hate us for something so small - not cool.

To the rest of you guys, thanks a lot! Yes, the Sport Tech version is your limited version.

I'm actually having my detail department clay the whole car, wax it and put a sealer on it. Should stay nice and shiny for years to come. However, yesterday I was sooo excited to drive it. It was my day off and I just got back from Windsor, Ontario (small day trip) and got back to the dealership RIGHT after they PDI'd it. I had the boys wash it quickly for me, bolted a dealer plate on it and took off for the evening and hit some bad ass twisties (keeping the rpm's as low as I could of course) and had the time of my life with my girlfriend (who really enjoys it BTW!)

So today I get back into work and do up the paperwork, sign it and bolted on my real plates! LOL. - The joys of working at a dealership!!!

Anyways, I'm going to write up a review of my thoughts on the car thus far shortly. Keep an eye out!

Thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thought I would share the delivery of my car while on the truck. The head of my detail department took it for me and texted it to me. Obviously I went to see it at the dealership as fast as I could.

*** MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE BOTTOM OF YOUR FRONT LIP AS MINE WAS SCRATCHES (Minor) BUT STILL. P.I.T.A.!!! Seriously, don't take delivery until you feel under your bumper and examine it visually. They are soooo low that they have the tendency to scrape the bottom lip.

Land vehicle Vehicle Transport Car Mode of transport

Reactions: LeeMaster

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thought I would share the delivery of my car while on the truck. The head of my detail department took it for me and texted it to me. Obviously I went to see it at the dealership as fast as I could.

*** MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE BOTTOM OF YOUR FRONT LIP AS MINE WAS SCRATCHES (Minor) BUT STILL. P.I.T.A.!!! Seriously, don't take delivery until you feel under your bumper and examine it visually. They are soooo low that they have the tendency to scrape the bottom lip.

View attachment 959
Yeah i noticed that in my bf's FRS.... So did they touch it up for you? I drove his the other day...such a sweet ride. Super stoked to have my own!! I def think the first mod for me will be a diff exhaust, non-ricer sounding of course? Any suggestions/recommendations? I looked at a previous thread discussing this but didn't find anything conclusive...curious to know you're thoughts.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Yeah i noticed that in my bf's FRS.... So did they touch it up for you? I drove his the other day...such a sweet ride. Super stoked to have my own!! I def think the first mod for me will be a diff exhaust, non-ricer sounding of course? Any suggestions/recommendations? I looked at a previous thread discussing this but didn't find anything conclusive...curious to know you're thoughts.
Crawford Performance already has one out, but it's too much a brute sound for me. So, check these out, these, you WILL love my friend :)

1. Tanabe USA R&D Blog | Medalion Touring Exhaust for Subaru BRZ + Sound Clip

2. http://blog.perrinperformance.com/brz-catback-design-and-proving/

I will most likely go with either one of these. The Tanabe will be quieter, but I feel the Perrin will have more engineering and better performance outputs!

So, basically I'm going to get an exhaust first (must be 3" mandrel bent) and a cat back. Then next year, I'm going to supercharge it or put a turbo on it with whoever has the best kit that hasn't blown things up!

:)

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats Shane. Nice looking car man. Any news on when/if your dealership is getting any more BRZ's?
Hey Subynewbie (cool name) - We aren't getting anymore for the year. We are only a town / city of 75,000 people, so we were lucky to get two of them. The white one we got sat on the lot for 3 hours before it was sold, and I ordered mine kind of hoping I would buy it, and I did...

Subaru Canada may throw us a bone and ship us one more for the year considering we sold ours right away.

If you need help finding one, I can do a search for you on our system and point you in the right direction :)

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks a lot Arene! I'm still in shock! Wow....this car was built for me in every way!

Can you guys help me think of a name for her? She's a girl... and she's SMOKIN' HOT, so she needs a smoking' hot name

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Vehicle Car Gauge Speedometer Measuring instrument Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Hood

9 km's - about 6 miles on her when I got her :)

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My BRZ and Legacy GT back to back in the driveway having a conversation...just chillin'

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Blue Headlamp

1 - 20 of 40 Posts