Subaru BRZ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Awesome rides man. Envious. You planning any rims?
Thanks a lot import_nation! I'm actually not planning any rims this year, however, next year will change things. I'm going to keep it stock this year and then dump some money into it next year. Performace mods will come next year and I am going to see how the stock susepension handles with the extra power and adjust accordingly. Rims and Stickier tires are a must with more power next year...

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey Shane,

I want a ride along when we meet. I also want to see one closely in person.

Dwayn
Dwayn - Sounds like a plan. Looks like I'm going to be in Toronto area this weekend. I'm heading to Cayuga for a drift event (as a spectator) on Sunday and will be in the Mississauga area on Monday for the day :)

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Sarnia-20120629-00413.jpg

I had her washed again today as it rained last night. I also had a rust module installed and bought an extended warranty. Yes, I love her that much!

·
Registered
3 Posts
First congratulations on a very nice BRZ.

Being in Canada I have a question for Subaru Shane. I took a look at a BRZ (that is all I was allowed to do since it was a pre-sold car in the showroom) and noticed a couple of things that I would like to ask you.Is the Nav./stereo,etc unit satellite radio ready and all you have to do is subscribe to Sirius? I noticed that the USB, aux. input connections were in the glove compartment and wonder if they can be moved to the blank slot on the dash on the other side of the push button start. Not sure why in Canada they have it this way when the Scion and US BRZ are on the dash slot.Also really hope they will bring a Red exterior colour sometime otherwise they will never see me in a BRZ(at least a Canadian one) even though I like the BRZ better than the FR-S.Would be nice to have a Red BRZ next to my 2011 Outback.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Hey, I sent you a PM.
Hi Gords_Zenith - I did receive something to my email on my Blackberry while at work, but now I can't seem to find it and it's not showing up in my inbox here. Do you mind copying and pasting the message from your sent box and send it over to me again?

I apologize for the inconvenience.

-SS

*** UPDATE - I found your email in my BB. Check your inbox! ***

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
First congratulations on a very nice BRZ.

Being in Canada I have a question for Subaru Shane. I took a look at a BRZ (that is all I was allowed to do since it was a pre-sold car in the showroom) and noticed a couple of things that I would like to ask you.Is the Nav./stereo,etc unit satellite radio ready and all you have to do is subscribe to Sirius? I noticed that the USB, aux. input connections were in the glove compartment and wonder if they can be moved to the blank slot on the dash on the other side of the push button start. Not sure why in Canada they have it this way when the Scion and US BRZ are on the dash slot.Also really hope they will bring a Red exterior colour sometime otherwise they will never see me in a BRZ(at least a Canadian one) even though I like the BRZ better than the FR-S.Would be nice to have a Red BRZ next to my 2011 Outback.
Hi carcrazy999

Unfortunately, the BRZ in Canada doesn't come equipped with the Sirius or XM Satellite radio. The Pioneer stereo / media centre is amazing in many other ways, but no Satellite radio. Please check out this link:Interior - 2013 BRZ - Subaru Canada

Yes, the USB and AUX are in the glove box. I'm guessing that because the stereo is much different than the FRS' and the unit they use in the states is why the USB and AUX are in the glove box. Maybe it was a fitment issue. I'm going to see if I can have my technicians re-locate mine to the empty spot as well. But to be quite honest, I use the bluetooth streaming audio from my blackberry while it's charging and it works like a charm - no cables!

I doubt that Subaru Canada will add red to the line up - but you never know. Canada is a much smaller market than the USA and with the limited numbers of BRZ they brought to North America (6000 this year), Canada only got about 1000 of them so they limited the colour choices to 4 colours to keep things simple for such a limited amount of cars.

The White and World Rally Blue are my favourite colours... I'm sure ANY colour BRZ would look FANTASTIC beside your Outback!

-SS

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, the USB and AUX are in the glove box. I'm guessing that because the stereo is much different than the FRS' and the unit they use in the states is why the USB and AUX are in the glove box.
That's great news! I didn't know this SS. While watching BRZ reviews, I did notice the in-dash USB and thought that was a bit cheesy in today's golden age of wireless everything, to have cables snake around the interior cabin. Hiding your devices in the glovebox keeps it all tidy, and out of sight for thieves. But I suppose it's all redundant as it has Bluetooth audio. They're good right? It doesn't ever cut out does it?

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
That's great news! I didn't know this SS. While watching BRZ reviews, I did notice the in-dash USB and thought that was a bit cheesy in today's golden age of wireless everything, to have cables snake around the interior cabin. Hiding your devices in the glovebox keeps it all tidy, and out of sight for thieves. But I suppose it's all redundant as it has Bluetooth audio. They're good right? It doesn't ever cut out does it?
Glad you're happy about this. No, it has never cut out - and I don't think it would in all honesty. Bluetooth signal is pretty strong. I know for a fact you will be happy with this set up :)

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Looks great! Got mine the day after you ;)
Welcome to the forum JPxMODz! I'm going to have to let you know that you definitely made the right choice and I'm sure the rest of us here would concur ;)

There is a lot of great information in this forum where you don't have to dig too deep to learn something!

-SS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the info. SS.
Hope they will bring a red one to Canada for the 2014 model year .
Went to look and tested a Scion FRS today.Found it a bit noisy inside with the windows closed( as noisy as my 2009 MX-5 GT with the PRHT closed). Hope the BRZ is quieter .Did not like it as well as the BRZ ( could only compare looks since I have not tested the BRZ)and does not come with all the extra BRZ equipment.Salesperson did say that Toyota is thinking about bringing the 86 so Toyota dealers have something in that segment to sell on their lots. Also, a Lexus version might be in the wind.Nothing about a convertible.
Will stay tuned to what comes up in the future.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome to the forum JPxMODz! I'm going to have to let you know that you definitely made the right choice and I'm sure the rest of us here would concur ;)

There is a lot of great information in this forum where you don't have to dig too deep to learn something!

-SS

Thanks! Yeah very happy I went with the BRZ, I actually pre-ordered an FR-S in WhiteOut, awesome color btw! The salesperson told me I was looking maybe 6 - 8 weeks which would have sucked up the whole summer. I put a deposit down, then paid a visit to the Subaru dealer. Told them I wanted one without driving it first, based my decision on appearance and feel from the one they had in their showroom for a week. I did drive the FR-S previously and loved it, so when I saw the BR-Z and all it had to offer in the Sport Tech version, I was sold.
Anyhow the saleperson from Subaru contacted me two days later and said he had one for me if I wanted it, so the decision was obvious for me.
There were a couple of things that I did like about the FR-S over the BRZ, however all the extras on the BRZ definitely outweighed anything the FR-S had to offer. Having driven both, the BRZ is just that much more polished than the FR-S, leather interior is beautiful and cabin area seems quieter than that of the FR-S
I feel pretty fortunate to have gotton one at all, let alone in two days from my innitial inquirery. From what I was told from various sources is that for every 3 FR-S's that are launched from plant, only 1 BRZ is put out. And I don't know if this true or not, but was also told there are only 5,000 BRZ's destined to North America for 2013 model
Loving the BRZ so far! Lot's of compliments, people pulling over checking it out and snapping pics. I've even seen people backing up at controlled intersections to get a better look, it's crazy!

·
Registered
146 Posts
What were the things you liked better about the FR-S if you don't mind sharing?
FR-S vs BRZ...

. White background on Tach
. Premium Whiteout Color vs BRZ Satin White Pearl <<< Maybe they are the same, only seen FR-S up close - Looks amazing!
. The Carbon design front dash piece right and left of in dash audio system
. I really liked the red inlays on the FR-S seats, but again prefer the Leathers found in the BRZ
. Front Bumper design w/black honeycomb mesh
. 86 Badges
. usb/audio hub front of shifter vs gove box on the BRZ

That's basically it, the list is as little longer on my likes for BRZ vs FR-S ;)

BRZ vs FR-S...

. Sport Tech package
. Keyless access w/Push Button start
. HIDS w/adjustability
. DRL w/Led
. Pioneer NAV w/micro sd
. Leather Seats - Heated!
. Dual climate control
. World Rally Blue Pearl vs FR-S Ultramarine
. Power outlet: 12V in centre console and in glove box - Not sure about FR-S
. Front door courtesy lights - Not sure about FR-S
. Cabin noise levels - Maybe just me, but definitely seemed quieter than FR-S
. Not sure about FR-S, but really like the height adjustment control on drivers seat
on BRZ

They're both great cars, and although they are not identical, it's close and basically personal preference in the end. I personally would be happy with either or. But if I owned the FR-S, I know there are things only to be found on the BRZ that I wished I had

21 - 40 of 40 Posts