Subaru BRZ Forum banner
14K views 39 replies 19 participants last post by  JPxM0Dz 
#1 ·
Wow, well that was SOOOOO worth the wait! It's late, but here are some pics, some stories and reviews to follow!

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Canada thinks your name is gay. Just kidding...but seriously, don't hate us for something so small - not cool.

To the rest of you guys, thanks a lot! Yes, the Sport Tech version is your limited version.

I'm actually having my detail department clay the whole car, wax it and put a sealer on it. Should stay nice and shiny for years to come. However, yesterday I was sooo excited to drive it. It was my day off and I just got back from Windsor, Ontario (small day trip) and got back to the dealership RIGHT after they PDI'd it. I had the boys wash it quickly for me, bolted a dealer plate on it and took off for the evening and hit some bad ass twisties (keeping the rpm's as low as I could of course) and had the time of my life with my girlfriend (who really enjoys it BTW!)

So today I get back into work and do up the paperwork, sign it and bolted on my real plates! LOL. - The joys of working at a dealership!!!

Anyways, I'm going to write up a review of my thoughts on the car thus far shortly. Keep an eye out!

Thanks for looking!

#15 ·
Hey Subynewbie (cool name) - We aren't getting anymore for the year. We are only a town / city of 75,000 people, so we were lucky to get two of them. The white one we got sat on the lot for 3 hours before it was sold, and I ordered mine kind of hoping I would buy it, and I did...

Subaru Canada may throw us a bone and ship us one more for the year considering we sold ours right away.

If you need help finding one, I can do a search for you on our system and point you in the right direction :)

#12 ·
Thought I would share the delivery of my car while on the truck. The head of my detail department took it for me and texted it to me. Obviously I went to see it at the dealership as fast as I could.

*** MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE BOTTOM OF YOUR FRONT LIP AS MINE WAS SCRATCHES (Minor) BUT STILL. P.I.T.A.!!! Seriously, don't take delivery until you feel under your bumper and examine it visually. They are soooo low that they have the tendency to scrape the bottom lip.

Land vehicle Vehicle Transport Car Mode of transport

Reactions: LeeMaster
#13 ·
Thought I would share the delivery of my car while on the truck. The head of my detail department took it for me and texted it to me. Obviously I went to see it at the dealership as fast as I could.

*** MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE BOTTOM OF YOUR FRONT LIP AS MINE WAS SCRATCHES (Minor) BUT STILL. P.I.T.A.!!! Seriously, don't take delivery until you feel under your bumper and examine it visually. They are soooo low that they have the tendency to scrape the bottom lip.

View attachment 959
Yeah i noticed that in my bf's FRS.... So did they touch it up for you? I drove his the other day...such a sweet ride. Super stoked to have my own!! I def think the first mod for me will be a diff exhaust, non-ricer sounding of course? Any suggestions/recommendations? I looked at a previous thread discussing this but didn't find anything conclusive...curious to know you're thoughts.

#17 ·
Thanks a lot Arene! I'm still in shock! Wow....this car was built for me in every way!

Can you guys help me think of a name for her? She's a girl... and she's SMOKIN' HOT, so she needs a smoking' hot name

#19 ·
My BRZ and Legacy GT back to back in the driveway having a conversation...just chillin'

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Blue Headlamp

#23 ·
Thanks a lot import_nation! I'm actually not planning any rims this year, however, next year will change things. I'm going to keep it stock this year and then dump some money into it next year. Performace mods will come next year and I am going to see how the stock susepension handles with the extra power and adjust accordingly. Rims and Stickier tires are a must with more power next year...

#24 ·
Dwayn - Sounds like a plan. Looks like I'm going to be in Toronto area this weekend. I'm heading to Cayuga for a drift event (as a spectator) on Sunday and will be in the Mississauga area on Monday for the day :)

#27 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Blue Hood

I had her washed again today as it rained last night. I also had a rust module installed and bought an extended warranty. Yes, I love her that much!

#30 · (Edited)
Hi Gords_Zenith - I did receive something to my email on my Blackberry while at work, but now I can't seem to find it and it's not showing up in my inbox here. Do you mind copying and pasting the message from your sent box and send it over to me again?

I apologize for the inconvenience.

-SS

*** UPDATE - I found your email in my BB. Check your inbox! ***

#29 ·
First congratulations on a very nice BRZ.

Being in Canada I have a question for Subaru Shane. I took a look at a BRZ (that is all I was allowed to do since it was a pre-sold car in the showroom) and noticed a couple of things that I would like to ask you.Is the Nav./stereo,etc unit satellite radio ready and all you have to do is subscribe to Sirius? I noticed that the USB, aux. input connections were in the glove compartment and wonder if they can be moved to the blank slot on the dash on the other side of the push button start. Not sure why in Canada they have it this way when the Scion and US BRZ are on the dash slot.Also really hope they will bring a Red exterior colour sometime otherwise they will never see me in a BRZ(at least a Canadian one) even though I like the BRZ better than the FR-S.Would be nice to have a Red BRZ next to my 2011 Outback.

#31 ·
Hi carcrazy999

Unfortunately, the BRZ in Canada doesn't come equipped with the Sirius or XM Satellite radio. The Pioneer stereo / media centre is amazing in many other ways, but no Satellite radio. Please check out this link:Interior - 2013 BRZ - Subaru Canada

Yes, the USB and AUX are in the glove box. I'm guessing that because the stereo is much different than the FRS' and the unit they use in the states is why the USB and AUX are in the glove box. Maybe it was a fitment issue. I'm going to see if I can have my technicians re-locate mine to the empty spot as well. But to be quite honest, I use the bluetooth streaming audio from my blackberry while it's charging and it works like a charm - no cables!

I doubt that Subaru Canada will add red to the line up - but you never know. Canada is a much smaller market than the USA and with the limited numbers of BRZ they brought to North America (6000 this year), Canada only got about 1000 of them so they limited the colour choices to 4 colours to keep things simple for such a limited amount of cars.

The White and World Rally Blue are my favourite colours... I'm sure ANY colour BRZ would look FANTASTIC beside your Outback!

-SS

#35 ·
Welcome to the forum JPxMODz! I'm going to have to let you know that you definitely made the right choice and I'm sure the rest of us here would concur ;)

There is a lot of great information in this forum where you don't have to dig too deep to learn something!

-SS

#36 ·
Thanks for the info. SS.
Hope they will bring a red one to Canada for the 2014 model year .
Went to look and tested a Scion FRS today.Found it a bit noisy inside with the windows closed( as noisy as my 2009 MX-5 GT with the PRHT closed). Hope the BRZ is quieter .Did not like it as well as the BRZ ( could only compare looks since I have not tested the BRZ)and does not come with all the extra BRZ equipment.Salesperson did say that Toyota is thinking about bringing the 86 so Toyota dealers have something in that segment to sell on their lots. Also, a Lexus version might be in the wind.Nothing about a convertible.
Will stay tuned to what comes up in the future.

#40 · (Edited)
FR-S vs BRZ...

. White background on Tach
. Premium Whiteout Color vs BRZ Satin White Pearl <<< Maybe they are the same, only seen FR-S up close - Looks amazing!
. The Carbon design front dash piece right and left of in dash audio system
. I really liked the red inlays on the FR-S seats, but again prefer the Leathers found in the BRZ
. Front Bumper design w/black honeycomb mesh
. 86 Badges
. usb/audio hub front of shifter vs gove box on the BRZ

That's basically it, the list is as little longer on my likes for BRZ vs FR-S ;)

BRZ vs FR-S...

. Sport Tech package
. Keyless access w/Push Button start
. HIDS w/adjustability
. DRL w/Led
. Pioneer NAV w/micro sd
. Leather Seats - Heated!
. Dual climate control
. World Rally Blue Pearl vs FR-S Ultramarine
. Power outlet: 12V in centre console and in glove box - Not sure about FR-S
. Front door courtesy lights - Not sure about FR-S
. Cabin noise levels - Maybe just me, but definitely seemed quieter than FR-S
. Not sure about FR-S, but really like the height adjustment control on drivers seat
on BRZ

They're both great cars, and although they are not identical, it's close and basically personal preference in the end. I personally would be happy with either or. But if I owned the FR-S, I know there are things only to be found on the BRZ that I wished I had

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.