Subaru BRZ Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Figured it out for anyone thinking of changing bulbs. There are two small retention clips on either side of the bulb. Just push these forward and up toward the bulb and this will allow you to pull the bulb plug assembly outward towards the engine bay. Remove bulb and replace with desired bulb. Reverse steps to reinsert. Done ;)

UPDATE:There's a bit of a learning curve when re-attaching the retention clips. Took me 20 minutes to figure it out, second one took me a minute or so once I got my head around it. Take your time to examine the clips before removal and re-attaching, refer to other HID if you need too. Also pay attention to bulb installation as there are two small notches on the bulb plug, one is rectangular and the other is half moon shaped. Make sure that the rectangular opening is too the top of the bulb plug as it fits over a metal or plastic tab when reinserting plug
Thanks! I'm looking at 6K replacements too. Can you share pics of yours?

·
Registered
1 Posts
4300k is the brightest you can get actually. 5000k is a little bluer (mostly white) with just a little bit of lumens reduction, and 6000k is a bit more blue with a bit more lumens reduction. 6000k is really as high as you should go honestly, or you might not be able to see things at night due to less light output. After 6000k, they actually have to tint the bulbs to get the desired color so light output suffers greatly.
thanks best replies I've read here, good to know this thanks for the info. I don't know much about cars. and this is very helpful for me :)

check out for new and used cars here http://www.canadianblackbook.com/

21 - 26 of 26 Posts