Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like the update cannot be done using the WiFi update method and must be taken to the dealer. It fixes an issue with WiFi updating, so maybe the next will be done over WiFi. I want it to fix my iPhone disconnecting randomly. Though it doesn't directly mention this issue, it does mention not "Launching CarPlay or AndroidAuto application, after the smartphone is connected".

Attachments

·
Registered
22 BRZ Limited MT
6 Posts
You'll know you need it if you constantly get onscreen prompts advising you that a new software update is available and asking if you want to download it. Obv your vehicle has to be connected to WiFi. The download is simple - however the install either stalls or just takes way too long - and apparently your ignition has to be on for the whole process. I decided not to waste my time and had the dealer do it when I had it in yesterday for and oil change and tire rotation. My guess is that the update is just a bug fix. I had not been having any issues (that I was aware of.) The cost of having the dealer do the update is covered by the warranty. After reading the PDF posted above, you'll want to have the dealer handle it anyway. Good luck with your 2023!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts