Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Just signed my contract for a BRZ today and I'm really excited about it. I'm an American living in Germany, just a few miles from Austria. I think it will be a blast driving a BRZ on our mountain roads.

I hate to give up my Mini Clubman S -- see him at Less is more | Mini Adventures I hope I won't miss my turbo too much, any former Mini S drivers here?

I know there are a lot of threads about the audio system, but if by chance anyone simply switched out the OEM speakers without adding an amp, I would l really like to know if they helps the sound.

Great to be here and I really appreciate all the useful info I've come across on this forum:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your new BRZ! It is a really amazing car, I personally feel that the car does not need to be boosted but it's fairly simple to add forced injection (or so I am told by the other users on this forum). You will not regret owning this beautiful machine. Before deciding on any modifications, I highly suggest driving it first and see if there is anything you do want to change. Most people immediately go for wheel size and ride height first, but don't feel forced into anything. Just enjoy the darned thing! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys! It's going to be a long five weeks until it arrives, but gives me some time to get informed.

Although I can speed on the Autobahn, truth be told I don't enjoy sustained driving at more than 110 mph. I really like driving on winding back roads, and the BRZ seems like the perfect car for that.

Right now I'm focusing more on visual upgrading than performance. Here in Germany the BRZ leather package costs €2590 (about $3370), so I ordered an upgraded "Sport" version (what they call it here) but without the leather option. Luckily I'm only an hour away from a company that specializes in leather seating, and for just a bit more money I can get the steering wheel, doors, and seats in Napa leather in colors that fit my mica blue. So I figured before I get that done, I better do the stereo stuff.

I went by a shop in city near by and they said they could swap out my speakers and add an amp for about $650. They've got a pretty good reputation, so I'm guessing I'll do that. Since I don't have the car yet it is difficult to plan, but from photos I wonder if the slot where the back speakers are, couldn't accommodate considerably bigger speakers.
2012-Toyota-GT-86-Interior-Rear-Seats-600x400.jpg

The final thing for the beginning is putting some clear vinyl on the front bumper. I stopped by the auto wrappers to see if they have done any BRZ moustache wraps, "Too new, haven't seen one yet." was the answer. I showed them photos of it being done, but they said they'd have to wait to see the plastic because it might not hold if it has a texture. I'm really hoping I can get that done, that's is a design decision from Subaru I don't understand, IMHO it cheapens the look.

I had a similar problem with my Mini Cooper trim and had it painted, but from what I've read it doesn't seem to be possible with the moustache without a huge job.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts