Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a problem with hot air coming in continuously through vents. Outside air can be 68 but inside is 84. Dealership said you need to run the air conditioner

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone else had a problem with hot air coming in continuously through vents. Outside air can be 68 but inside is 84. Dealership said you need to run the air conditioner
I have observed this as well. What I think is going on is we have "climate control" and not "air conditioning" in our cars. I have my temp set at 72F, in the mornings on my drive to work, its often in the 60s, so the computer wants my car to be 72F, with the fan off, I get hot air coming through the vents because the computer thinks I want to be warmed up to 72F. Conversely, on my drive home, the temps are around 105F, the air coming through my vents is still warm, but not as warm as in the am. I think whats going on is the computer is reading I am way hotter than 72F and its not allowing the the system to heat the air coming through the vent. Of course when I power up the climate control, the air gets cold quick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have observed this as well. What I think is going on is we have "climate control" and not "air conditioning" in our cars. I have my temp set at 72F, in the mornings on my drive to work, its often in the 60s, so the computer wants my car to be 72F, with the fan off, I get hot air coming through the vents because the computer thinks I want to be warmed up to 72F. Conversely, on my drive home, the temps are around 105F, the air coming through my vents is still warm, but not as warm as in the am. I think whats going on is the computer is reading I am way hotter than 72F and its not allowing the the system to heat the air coming through the vent. Of course when I power up the climate control, the air gets cold quick.
Has anyone been able to get the dealer to fix it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone been able to get the dealer to fix it?
I don't think there is a fix for it. Its climate control system not a manual select heating and A/C system. I think the computer only knows to match the temps we set inside the car. As I mentioned before, I have my temp set at 72F. If its colder than 72F, my car vents warm air until it gets to 72, and if its warmer than 72, my car vents in cooler temp until it gets to 72F. When I have the ac powered up, it cools to 72F, then stop cooling the air.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think there is a fix for it. Its climate control system not a manual select heating and A/C system. I think the computer only knows to match the temps we set inside the car. As I mentioned before, I have my temp set at 72F. If its colder than 72F, my car vents warm air until it gets to 72, and if its warmer than 72, my car vents in cooler temp until it gets to 72F. When I have the ac powered up, it cools to 72F, then stop cooling the air.
I have a manual control on mine. If I turn the ac on for a minute then turn it off I can get about 5 minor cooler air. Had it in the shop and they did a number of tests but all showed increased air temp coming from vents. They even tried it in the cool basement of the shop. In the end they said it was due to the black interior

1 - 5 of 5 Posts