Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love both cars, and I think this is a very exciting development for RWD compact car fans. The Scion has great styling, but I think Subaru has a better history in terms of enthusiast vehicles.

My question is... performance-wise I wonder if the Subaru or Scion will have higher performance?

What type of horsepower is each car expected to have?

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
The Scion FR-S looks as if it's more for show rather than go. Subaru has a lot of racing history and some of the Subaru BRZ spy pictures show things that would optimize performance such as the hood scoop that's very much like one found on WRX STi's, a big spoiler that looks like it will help a lot, and I believe I saw a couple of vents to help with cooling the brakes. So with the extra air flow I bet the fuel system has also been optimized for the extra air flow for a better air/fuel ratio than the FR-S.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
If they are both 200hp I would guess they would be really similar. The assumption that the BRZ is going to be 250hp is still a rumor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If they are both 200hp I would guess they would be really similar. The assumption that the BRZ is going to be 250hp is still a rumor.
It seriously doesn't make any sense for 2 companies working on a car to have them compete against each other on sales.
I think the Subaru version will have more power and more rice, wing, body kit, wheels, etc.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
What might happen is the BRZ will get additional features that the FRS does not come with. But I believe it is confirmed that the engines will be the same. SO both will be around 200hp. Its going to be interesting to see what Subaru decides to offer ontop of the FRS

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
What might happen is the BRZ will get additional features that the FRS does not come with. But I believe it is confirmed that the engines will be the same. SO both will be around 200hp. Its going to be interesting to see what Subaru decides to offer ontop of the FRS
I have a good feeling the additional BRZ features might be things to get more power out of the engine such as better air flow to the engine, upgraded fuel system, better suspension and more aerodynamic

·
Registered
21 Posts
It seems that since the Toyota/Scion version will have softer springs up front and stiffer in the rear, then going by my experience with S2000s, I think it's safe to assume that they're meant to do lots of this:

AP1s were similarly configured with softer springs in the front and significantly stiffer in the rear which gave it a tendency for snap oversteer. AP2s, on the other hand, received a spring setup that lower the difference in spring rates to eliminate the snap oversteer. The Subaru seems to have been tuned more for handling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts