Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had mine for about 3 months and just over 3k miles. I have people bothering me everwhere I go, gawking up and down I-10, in parking lots, and most recently when an employee at Auto-Zone who was in the parking lot burst into the store and yelled "do you drive the BRZ"? Then the cashier (who is fucking hot) races to the door to check it out and wants to ask questions. All I wanted to do is to buy a bottle of Megiuars Quik-detail on my way to the grocery store. As well as some micro-fiber cloths:mad:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Time. Time will soon become that constant where it outlasts the initial excitement and all will soon become normal again. It will then be time for some, but not all, to buy another car. The Dogg speaks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Enjoy it while it lasts i'd say. If it's really an inopportune time, a quick "Yeah it's mine, I love it, thanks." should suffice ha.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I got a "beautiful car" comment at the local burger joint on Friday night ... not an uncommon occurrence.

I also did a double-take yesterday when a twin to my BRZ pulled alongside in downtown traffic.
First time I've seen another BRZ while I was driving mine ... and even in the same color [his was a premium ... no spoiler].
We gave each other a "thumbs up" to go along with the silly grins on our faces. :cool:

I'll continue to appreciate the attention while it lasts.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I stopped into the local BMW dealership to get some parts for my other vehicle. I had three dealership employees follow me out to look at my car. I was in a good mood so I let them sit in it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got a "beautiful car" comment at the local burger joint on Friday night ... not an uncommon occurrence.

I also did a double-take yesterday when a twin to my BRZ pulled alongside in downtown traffic.
First time I've seen another BRZ while I was driving mine ... and even in the same color [his was a premium ... no spoiler].
We gave each other a "thumbs up" to go along with the silly grins on our faces. :cool:

I'll continue to appreciate the attention while it lasts.
Saw another BRZ driving for the first time last night. Another black limited one as well which was cool, gave a quick wave and we sped off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't think I will ever get sick of it. I'm assuming the excitement will slow once the summer comes and they are more common.

I actually saw a FRS the day I got my BRZ a couple months ago but I have yet to see another.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not to rain on the parade, but they're getting fairly common here in Southern CA and although I don't have much of a commute (about 20 miles roundtrip) its not uncommon to see 2 or 3 of the twins, on average, in a day.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I see frs all the time have yet to see a brz. If they act crazy around me I just get behind them and turn my headlights on to remind them of what they are missing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
When we first got the BRZ's on the lot last year, we had someone pull in with an FR-S he just bought. Said he wanted to get a comparison between the two so we did him a favor since we were bored and parked a BRZ next to his FR-S. He sat in the BRZ and looked around it while we looked around his FR-S. Buyer's remorse was written all over his face when he left. Kinda felt sorry for him.

·
Registered
58 Posts
When we first got the BRZ's on the lot last year, we had someone pull in with an FR-S he just bought. Said he wanted to get a comparison between the two so we did him a favor since we were bored and parked a BRZ next to his FR-S. He sat in the BRZ and looked around it while we looked around his FR-S. Buyer's remorse was written all over his face when he left. Kinda felt sorry for him.
When I was shopping for mine, I thought about the FR-S being as it was easier to get ahold of, but I immediately told myself, "No, you are a Subaru owner, not a Toyota owner." and waited. Best decision I made in 2012. I finally found and purchased my BRZ end of March and the Subaru love is definitely beaming. I have seen a couple BRZs and a couple more FR-Ses on the the road, there is another WR blue near where I live, I often see it going the opposite direction on Parmer Lane.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts