Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I apparently am an idiot!!!!! I finally got my brand new BRZ home, and I did not realize the SD card is what held the Navi software!! So I formatted everything to load it up with music and pictures. Well now I do not have a Navi.

Subaru is no help what so ever. I am hoping this will work... Will someone please upload the files on their SD card so I can load it on mine and see if it will work!!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
You'd think the dealer would be prepared for something like this. I mean, it was stupid to do but it should be an easy fix for the dealer.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Yeah, I would fight them on this. If nothing else, they should allow you to purchase a new SD card, not a new HU. I know at some point updates will be released for the NAV card as well so they are either too lazy to actually find out, or are just trying to rob you. This kind of thing is why I refer to them as stealers.

·
Registered
182 Posts
umm.. if it's an actual SD card, the same as for cameras, then I don't understand why you can't undelete it. Even if it's formatted. There is plenty of software progams out there that get back your info on a SD card. I have used these programs before and have gotten back all my pics and videos. Hope this helps..

SD Card Data Recovery: How to Recover Files from SD Card

(PS, I just got a call from my dealer 10 mintues ago, MY WRB LIMITED IS IN, i just didn't want to start an entire thread as so many others have)

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
umm.. if it's an actual SD card, the same as for cameras, then I don't understand why you can't undelete it. Even if it's formatted. There is plenty of software progams out there that get back your info on a SD card. I have used these programs before and have gotten back all my pics and videos. Hope this helps..

SD Card Data Recovery: How to Recover Files from SD Card

(PS, I just got a call from my dealer 10 mintues ago, MY WRB LIMITED IS IN, i just didn't want to start an entire thread as so many others have)
That only works if you haven't overwritten anything. It might not even be formatted the same way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right now apparently the tech's are wrenching on my car to get a fix for it. But I do not know exactly what they are going to try and wrench on.. Regardless this is getting very aggravating!!! Can any of you guys who has this SD card in their vehicle please upload or email me the files so I can load it on and see if it works!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
598 Posts
They are not. They say I need a new HEAD UNIT. REALLY!
This is exactly why people don't trust dealerships. Ask for their help and they will find the most expensive solution possible.

Good luck on your problem. Hopefully it works out. I feel SOA will be way more helpful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright so I spoke with SOA.. And unfortunately Subaru is making a website that will automatically have the updates on there but the site has not launched yet. They will call me when it is released!!!! This is so aggravating. Can someone please just upload the files they have on their card so I can try it out I would really appreciate it

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a question regarding this, does the SD card only have NAVI files, or does it also include system files that u CANT copy. I want to throw in a bigger SD card with Music, videos etc, and copy the maps over. I want to confirm this before i go out and buy a SD card on sale lol. otherwise ill just stick with having a ugly USB stick sticking out from that area =P

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a question regarding this, does the SD card only have NAVI files, or does it also include system files that u CANT copy. I want to throw in a bigger SD card with Music, videos etc, and copy the maps over. I want to confirm this before i go out and buy a SD card on sale lol. otherwise ill just stick with having a ugly USB stick sticking out from that area =P

I do not know this personally myself!!! If someone where to upload me the files so i can copy them to the SD card. I would be more than willing to try this out for you!!

Please someone just upload the files on the card for me please!!!!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
you just need to i think find a way to dupilcate the SD card and make the factory system accept the card, other than that, i think the usb still will have to do for now, just get one of those really small nano usb sticks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
haha wow what a headache... I plugged my card in to try to change the navi voice to something a little more exciting... like GLaDos or something... no success yet

Anyway my point, there is over 1 GB of information I would need to transfer to you (too big for email), if you can figure out a good way for me to upload the information message me and id be happy to send it over.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Right now apparently the tech's are wrenching on my car to get a fix for it. But I do not know exactly what they are going to try and wrench on.. Regardless this is getting very aggravating!!! Can any of you guys who has this SD card in their vehicle please upload or email me the files so I can load it on and see if it works!!!

Thanks
Are they using a box end or open wrench?

Makes a difference.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts