Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellas !
I just ordered my exhaust i went with invidia n1.
Do any of your guys have this setup and if so how do you like it ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the videos ive seen I like how it sounds, but then again those are videos Ive never heard it in person :p

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
My friend that has an FRS just took his off cause with his catless front pipe it's ridiculously loud and not in a good way. It's a fart cannon exhaust. He kept asking me to buy it, even after I made fun of him several times. It *might* be ok with the stock front pipe so if you're not planning to replace the rest of the exhaust you *might* be ok. I track my car and some tracks have a noise limit. He was already having noise issues and he still had the stock header and overpipe. IMO, you need a catback with a resonator to keep drone and overall noise levels down.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I installed one of these for another BRZ owner local to me. I was impressed by the fabrication and sound, but the fit was just a bit off between the midpipe and frontpipe. We had to double-up on the gasket to make it seal properly. I guess the flange wasn't perfectly flat on one of the pipes.

In comparison, I have the Perrin 2.5" headerback. fitment quality is perfect, sounds quiet at idle, deep and throaty when you push it. I have both the resonated and non-resonated midpipes and after going supercharged, I decided the non-resonated was just too much for me.

Yet another comparison, I had the GReddy Evo3 2.75" catback - that thing rusted after one winter, fitment was acceptable, sound was obnoxiously loud (which may be a good thing to some folks). It had a drone at 3-4K RPM which killed the deal for me as that was right a highway cruising speed on the 6MT.

If I had to do it all over again, I would still get the Perrin, with the Invidia as a very close second choice.

EDIT - I should add that my car has catted header and frontpipe. If you run catless, you will definitely get rasp without a resonator somewhere in the system.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've had the N1 since last November and I love it, but the first month or two it had the drone that people mentioned above. The drone is all but gone now, I guess carbon build up has helped with that. The drone was nasty at around 4k rpm and it would make my ears pop like being on a plane. I don't notice this anymore. Now if you like listening to music be prepared to turn it up real loud to drown out the exhaust noise.
I have the AVO turbo coming soon, been on order for over 3months now, and I will be replacing the front pipe with the AVO high flow cat version. We'll see what it sounds like then.

·
Registered
185 Posts
To each their own.
I respect your taste but for me it was a no no.
My friend had it and it sounds like a fart can..but that's probably just me :)
I'm more of a Perrin 2.5" guy :) Quiet but deeper and throaty only when its pushed!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts