Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2013 sterling silver premium BRZ this week and while it will be an extremely slow build it will have some goodies added. So far I have hella horns and a set of enkei's. After that it will get mudflaps and then slow down alot. Nice mod will probably be an exhaust and an accessport in the summer. I also have a fully built altima and a fully built 240 that I track.

[

And my 240's old setup.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured I would throw up some plans for my brz, and also some of the other cars I have. They are nissans but I also had a bugeye I built before. The BRZ is just getting a clear bra wrap by one of my sponsors then after 2k miles we will dyno the car and start throwing on some parts, including maybe a spare set of enkei's or work wheels I have.

The first car is my fully built altima, which is just waiting on the cage.

The second is my s13 which just need the new built block dropped in.

Both cars run Garrett turbo setups, the altima making around 300whp on a Haltech and the 240's new setup will be around 420whp with either the emanage, nistune, or I might buy another Haltech. I will be doing mostly time attack and NASA events with both cars.

Reactions: sportsguy83

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice !!! What the hell do you do for a living ?? Lol

Sent from my HTC Mecha using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice !!! What the hell do you do for a living ?? Lol

Sent from my HTC Mecha using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Work at a supermarket and build cars lol. Everything I have done I have built on my own or with a friend in my backyard lol. So after really having some fun with the brz it drove home what I knew even more, the car is a blast, and it slides so simply. I went on a little run with a couple of track cars and I hung much better then I expected, even spanked a 2013 genesis 2.0t. My one issue was once I started getting on it the clutch got tempermental. I might have them switch everything over to fluids with a higher boiling point.

Reactions: sportsguy83

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked up 2 more sets of performance tires, and decided I will dyno tune it in April. This car really grips suprisingly well stock. We will really se Saturday when I go out with a coupl gtrs for a touge run. I have also really broken in the car and the clutch now, a world of difference.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I went out today and did a touge run with a couple of sti's, a Z06 running r-comps, and some other cars. Needless to say it was an amzing success and I will have pictures soon. Also not this wednesday but the one after I am going to throw the car on the dyno and get some numbers. It has been really impressing me, turn off tc and vsc and it launches pretty nicely, slides far easier then I ever expected, and is starting to shift between cars much faster with the clutch catching higher up now.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is an okay video from the other night, I should have some more. The car with the go pro is a stage 4 06 sti. We hit some backwoods/mountains for a little fun. Not sure if you can tell by the video but the car is really being pushed.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The BRZ is treating me amazing. It's already seen over 2000 miles through the mountains and ny city traffic and has been excellent. Also the 240 now has a built head on it's way because I had all the spare parts sitting there so for Christmas my friend is assembling it for me. The BRZ is also getting some parts around March/April from two of my sponsors so that should be interesting.
I recently did a toys for tots run has well as a photoshoot after a meet with some cars. Sadly enough the Altima is currently in full partout mode.

·
Registered
456 Posts
i like your old s13. How do you compare the two? Handling wise.

Will be interesting to see what you will do in the future for your build :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i like your old s13. How do you compare the two? Handling wise.

Will be interesting to see what you will do in the future for your build :)
Thank you, the Brz is without a doubt the better car. You can really see the 10 more years of engineering the have gone into it. With that being said the 240 also has some real advantages. It's easier to tune, all the parts hold the power better, and obviously their is so much info on the car that when it comes to selecting parts of working on it the car is a breeze. I love the brz though, I have built a number of subaru's, and other then my rs this is the only na I can remember really working on let alone owning. With that said I couldn't be happier, the car is built perfectly. It's smart, responsive, refined, well balanced, and full of potential. It will see alot of track time and hopefully from there I can decide where to go. I do know the build will be na, but it will be a real fun car especially handling wise. When I want to go fast I can hop in the 240 or my altima lol. This is in my opinion the right combonation of class, show, and go at a great price.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Last week had a cruise with about 60 cars to OCC. I will have videos soon but the only cars keeping up with me through bear mountain were mostly the 800hp evo and the soarer. This car amazes me more every day. Only thing that is a most is wheels tires and clutch, the power is there if you know how to drive. I just ordered some goodies for the brz and made some parts for the 240 with more on the way. I can't wait for Spring, it's actually talking with gtr owners that made me go outside today and start working on the 240. I will post more videos soon. I actually just did 6 passes through the mountains and experienced the brake fade people have talked about.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just came back from a trip in Vermont, everywhere I went people couldnt stop checking out the car. Lol, I have a ton of pictures this car drove really well through the snow and ice considering it's the stock tires and it's rwd.

Than after we finished 4 wheeling we got hammered and took a vis hood down the hill lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts