Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we got our first brz in at the dealership. 1 out of 8 and i hear that 4 are already 'pre-ordered'. Pretty sure it is the premium package with automatic. Its smaller than i thought.

But i really like it and trying to figure out why i am paid so little working full time that i cannot afford this :-(.

As far as pricing? Not really sure yet because last i asked they thought the 25-27k range, maybe i will know today? Or soon

Btw the dealership is bloomington acura subaru in bloomington, mn

Id post a picture but i cant figure out how to on my phone.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Are you sure this is for sale, and not for promotional use only? They're not supposed to be released for another month and a half..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told its already sold. We are getting one each month for the next 8 months so we arent getting another one for a month. I could be wrong, but this is coming from the new car manager. There was another one on the truck that was a dark metallic grey but idk where that one went to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If i decided someday that its in my budget i would totally get blue, 6sp, limited and whatever useful extras i can get.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Lol well first off im a girl, and second im trying to work my way up in the company, its really tough.
I appologize Ms, I guess anything is possible when it comes to this car. Maybe your dealership has a high profile buyer, but I haven't even heard of anyone even getting a vin# for their preorders yet. Good luck working your way up, everyone has to start somewhere, at least you are working for a kickass car company. Get someone to help you and post a video of you with the car telling me to kiss your ass, so we know you are not full of it:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
In a yr or two, when the STI version is released, I'm sure a lot of people will want to upgrade. You can then get a nice pre-owned BRZ. I don't see this car losing a lot of its value, so you might still want to start saving. It'll be worth it :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im in no way but a mere low end employee for the dealership so i have no say in discounts lol

And if i could make that video i would, unfortunately they have been kinda hiding it from the general public, i know where it is but yeah.

So i just got an update about the car, its been in hiding for whatever reason nobody knows for sure, but i guess the one we got in was the district managers car. Whatever that may mean. No one knows a price or anything really.

And by the sounds of it, its kinda laggy and not much power that you would think it would have. But thats coming from the guy who got the gas for it, so i have no clue only one person has gotten to touch the car, so thats just one opinion

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The funny thing is, they wouldnt even let the guy that checks in new cars deal with it, they just went straight to the mechanic

·
Registered
194 Posts
too funny...like some kind of foreign diplomat or something...laggy...that's not good...hope he's wrong or we'll all be asking for our deposits back...keep us posted!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
too funny...like some kind of foreign diplomat or something...laggy...that's not good...hope he's wrong or we'll all be asking for our deposits back...keep us posted!
Well from what he told me and the GM son that was with him that the new impreza and even the outback felt faster, but ill take it with a grain of salt for now, im more in it for fun than speed anyway cuz im never going to be speeding and taking off at burnout speeds anyway, i dont need to give cops anymore reasons to be an a hole lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well from what he told me and the GM son that was with him that the new impreza and even the outback felt faster, but ill take it with a grain of salt for now, im more in it for fun than speed anyway cuz im never going to be speeding and taking off at burnout speeds anyway, i dont need to give cops anymore reasons to be an a hole lol
Outback? Oh boy...I have a CVT 2.5 Outback (nippy when throttled properly, but "sluggish, like a wet sponge" otherwise). Hopefully, they meant the 3.6R Outback (or their perception is skewed).

I don't put much faith in butt dyno's (too hard to measure).:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm not sure that it reflects real well on the dealership you listed if you're posting that lot guy who gassed it up is trying to see how fast it is, when the engine is brand-new and shouldn't be full-throttled, revved over 4k, etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not sure that it reflects real well on the dealership you listed if you're posting that lot guy who gassed it up is trying to see how fast it is, when the engine is brand-new and shouldn't be full-throttled, revved over 4k, etc.
Ok maybe i sounded a bit off. This is the mechanic that works with brand new cars that come off the truck and preps them to either go to the customer that bought one or preps them to be put out on the lot. He drives them about a mile down the road or so to put gas in them. He knows how cars are supposed to be driven brand new, i wasnt with him but im sure he didnt beat the piss out of it for a few reasons. So thats why i wouldnt take much of what he said to heart because he only went a short and 30 mph distance. And i havent personally been in it.

As for the car?

They finally let it come out of hiding, they shined er up and shes out on the showfloor. If i can ill snap a pic. I asked how much and still seems like its still up in the air. The new car manager said $24-27k and thats all i know lol

1 - 20 of 73 Posts