Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having issues with keyless access and starting the car?

This has happened to me several times. I have my key with me. The car recognizes me with the dome light coming on when I approach, and the door unlocking when I touch the handle. But when I get in and press the ignition, nothing. It happened yesterday after the car was only off for 15 or 20 minutes. I left for 15 or 20 again, came back, still nothing. I started searching around in the trunk to see if I had any more keyfob batteries and did not. Tried the ignition again, and somehow it started.

Do these keyfobs suck batteries down in just a couple of months? I changed them both about a month or two ago the first time this happened and perhaps one is dead again?

I changed both batteries and am carrying both keyfobs today just to try to give myself some protection, but its making me crazy. Dealer was no help.

Anyone else having issues?

·
Registered
67 Posts
No - no problems here and have had the car for 3 months. The only "problem" I did have was when I left my second BRZ key in the car while carrying my first key ... door would not lock using the touch panel - my fault forgot the other key was in the car in a bag.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you're having issues with getting the car to start you should be mindful of where the key is inside the cab. When you sit in the car and you push in the clutch you have to wait until you see a "green key with a wifi signal" indicator on your speedometer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hummmm...
Sorry to ask this but: Is your foot on the break (and do you see the Green Key on the Dash as sugessted above)???

If you think the battery is out: Solution is to hold the fob up against the Start Button and Press... Change batters soon as possibile. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
There's too much tension on the steering wheel lock. Happens to me all the time. The car will not crank until the steering wheel lock is released. Try rotating your steering to relieve the tension while pressing 'start' and report back. You can simulate this effect by pulling hard (clockwise or counter-clockwise) on your steering wheel while starting. If you pulled hard enough, the engine will refuse to crank.

I hate this new tech stuff. Solves no problems whilst creating many others.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Reason # 19 why I am glad I did not get the Keyless Access & Start crap.
Bought the Premium model.

Now if only either model did not have a touchscreen instead of knobs and dials, I'd be super happy. I will not buy another Subaru as long as a touch screen is mandatory as I understand it is typical for ALL Subarues..

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have had it happen like 3 times in 6+ months. I read somewhere that smart phones may play a role with the remote- might be conjecture... but make sure they are not together. Usually i waited about 30 seconds and it started up. Good luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have had no issues with the keyless access, and I really like the touch screen works so much better than most. The keyless part I will tell you i usually get in and put my seat belt on then start my car though so thats probably all the time the key needs to connect to the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts