Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

This is my first "build" post lol. So here it goes. I changed out my fog lights today with stage 2 LED's from Diode Dynamics. I also changed my sidemarkers to Helix smoked sidemarkers, and replaced the bulb with a stage 2 amber LED's also from Diode Dynamics. Here are some pics.
pictures from phone 029.jpg pictures from phone 019.jpg pictures from phone 014.jpg pictures from phone 027.jpg pictures from phone 017.jpg
It wouldn't let me attach all the pictures i wanted to compare before and after but I will try again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been considering the same. Did you go with amber bulbs instead of the white?
I went with amber. I wanted to stay "legal" and I don't much care for the white unless its the fog or headlights. The fourth picture in line is after install with the smoked housing and amber led. I'm really happy with the way it looks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got the same sidemarkers, and the stock white bulb doesn't look that good with the smoked sides. The amber LED from DD looks real nice, especially at night.

I've been considering the fog replacements from DD too, I might have to do this now that I know what they look like. Should make the yellow really pop from my fog light covers.

I recommend those sides completely, great quality, great look!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the same sidemarkers, and the stock white bulb doesn't look that good with the smoked sides. The amber LED from DD looks real nice, especially at night.

I've been considering the fog replacements from DD too, I might have to do this now that I know what they look like. Should make the yellow really pop from my fog light covers.

I recommend those sides completely, great quality, great look!
The pictures really don't do the lights justice as it was hard to get a clear picture of the fog lights (from any angle) after they were changed. But in person the difference is amazing. I love the lights because its a crisp and more uniform light IMO.

And thanks S1owJam for the info on your sidemarkers, seeing them on yours made me want them instantly!:D I'm glad I got them and I love the way they look on the car!

I too recommend them to those who are trying to decide!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Are both the side marker pictures with the same stage 2 amber led bulb? Because the first one looks bright but the second one looks not so bright.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are both the side marker pictures with the same stage 2 amber led bulb? Because the first one looks bright but the second one looks not so bright.
The third picture in line is before I changed anything, it is stock bulb and stock sidemarker. The fourth picture in line is afterward with the smoked sidemarker and the stage 2 amber led.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ahh, that makes sense. Maybe stage 3 amber bulbs would look closer to stock?
I love the stage 2 foglights, I may have to pony up the $60 for them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahh, that makes sense. Maybe stage 3 amber bulbs would look closer to stock?
I love the stage 2 foglights, I may have to pony up the $60 for them.
I almost went with the stage 3 but I was afraid of it being too bright. At night the stage 2 looks pretty close to stock in my opinion. I attached some more pics of it at night. Hope these help. I love the foglights! They are almost an exact match to the headlights when you glance at them, and to me it gives it a cleaner look.

pictures from phone 038.jpg
pictures from phone 042.jpg
pictures from phone 041.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the pics, they do look pretty good. And the foglights are great. I actually keep mine off right now due to the color mismatch. Can you comment on the brightness between the LED fogs and the stock bulbs?

·
Registered
69 Posts
How close are the new LED fog lights to the stock HIDs. I hate the yellowish tint of the halogen bulbs in the fog lights, but can only find 6000k colored LEDs, and I'm afraid they will be too blue and not match either.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the pics, they do look pretty good. And the foglights are great. I actually keep mine off right now due to the color mismatch. Can you comment on the brightness between the LED fogs and the stock bulbs?
The range is a little shorter with the LED's since it doesn't put out as much light. But they are bright and you can instantly notice a difference while driving. The biggest reasosn I wanted them was too have a closer color match and to have a crisper light. That is what I noticed as the biggest difference, is just how crisp the LED's are compared to stock.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How close are the new LED fog lights to the stock HIDs. I hate the yellowish tint of the halogen bulbs in the fog lights, but can only find 6000k colored LEDs, and I'm afraid they will be too blue and not match either.
They are the 6000k LED's. I was afraid of the match but in my opinion you have to really look at them to see the difference in the 4300k and 6000k. They have a light (as in barely noticeable) blue look. To me they look great even though they are not a perfect match, it is better than the stock and honestly they look white to me when you stand back and look at the car. Kinda like the tsecond group of pictures I posted. Hope this helps your decision.

·
Registered
69 Posts
They are the 6000k LED's. I was afraid of the match but in my opinion you have to really look at them to see the difference in the 4300k and 6000k. They have a light (as in barely noticeable) blue look. To me they look great even though they are not a perfect match, it is better than the stock and honestly they look white to me when you stand back and look at the car. Kinda like the tsecond group of pictures I posted. Hope this helps your decision.
Thanks, I appreciate the input. I knew there wasn't a big difference and that even the 4300k, that is stock for all new cars with factory hids, can give off a bit of a blue tint because of how the projector lense is made. It just got me thinking because there is a bit of a difference between my 6000k LEDs that I used for my reverse/ license plate lights and the hids up front and I was a bit worried they wouldn't match up right. On that note, I think that I can trust the opinion of someone who has seen them in person opposed to a photo online.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, I appreciate the input. I knew there wasn't a big difference and that even the 4300k, that is stock for all new cars with factory hids, can give off a bit of a blue tint because of how the projector lense is made. It just got me thinking because there is a bit of a difference between my 6000k LEDs that I used for my reverse/ license plate lights and the hids up front and I was a bit worried they wouldn't match up right. On that note, I think that I can trust the opinion of someone who has seen them in person opposed to a photo online.

The reverse lights I did were the stage 1 from Diode dynamics. To me those are a true crisp white compared to the fog lights. I don't know if it's because the lights or the housings. I feel that since the foglights aren't as white as the reverse lights they match the stock HIDs better. But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The reverse lights I did were the stage 1 from Diode dynamics. To me those are a true crisp white compared to the fog lights. I don't know if it's because the lights or the housings. I feel that since the foglights aren't as white as the reverse lights they match the stock HIDs better. But that's just my opinion.
I got a good pair of CREE LEDs for the reverse lights with a projector lens... They don't seem to be too far off, but you can tell the license plate LEDs are much more blue... Still a white but more of a cool white wen compared to the others... However, it might just be the pair that I bought... I will look up the ones your talking about and try them out... How easy was install???

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got a good pair of CREE LEDs for the reverse lights with a projector lens... They don't seem to be too far off, but you can tell the license plate LEDs are much more blue... Still a white but more of a cool white wen compared to the others... However, it might just be the pair that I bought... I will look up the ones your talking about and try them out... How easy was install???

The install of the fogs? If so, it is soooo easy. They put instructions in your manual, but it's really self explanatory lol. All you have to do is:

1. turn the wheel to the opposite drection
2. pop out the push pins in the fender well
3. peel back the fender well
4. reach into fog light assembly and simply replace

It literally took me less then 10 minutes to do both sides and take pics lol

Here are a few pics of my reverse lights (stage 1 from diode dynamics):
pictures from phone 020.jpg pictures from phone 025.jpg pictures from phone 027.jpg

·
Vendor
1,014 Posts
Wow those pictures are awesome! What a clean look right?

Vmax, shoot me a PM if you need more details or info about our products. I can say that these pictures are a good representation of how bright our stuff is!

Thanks for posting Husker BRZ (If your from NEB. sweet! I was born in Omaha lol)

Nick C.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow those pictures are awesome! What a clean look right?

Vmax, shoot me a PM if you need more details or info about our products. I can say that these pictures are a good representation of how bright our stuff is!

Thanks for posting Husker BRZ (If your from NEB. sweet! I was born in Omaha lol)

Nick C.
Thanks! It is a very clean look! Cheap and easy upgrade! Nice I was born in Lincoln lol, but I'm in Texas now.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts