Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I'm just an idiot, please don't answer that, but when I go out in the morning to warm up my 2015 BRZ keyless, why can't I lock the doors with the key fob as I'm tripping over myself to get out of the cold? I know I can manually lock the doors when I'm in there, but when it's cold out, you don't tend to remember and I'm way to lazy to turn around....lol...Is this the same with all BRZs or is there something wrong with my keyfob?

ok-i-just-realized-i-dont-like-the.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just tried locking the doors from the inside but it automatically unlocks when you hit the door lock...you actually can drive off without a key fob. When I test drove mine the salesman forgot to give me the key after he started it. I test drive within a 5 mile radius and it never shut off.

·
Registered
483 Posts
There's no solution to this issue.

They don't want you to lock the car with the engine running.

Actually, there's no reason to do so. Idling doesn't warm the engine up very quickly. Only driving will warm up the engine.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I just tried locking the doors from the inside but it automatically unlocks when you hit the door lock...you actually can drive off without a key fob. When I test drove mine the salesman forgot to give me the key after he started it. I test drive within a 5 mile radius and it never shut off.
Then they must have changed something with the fobs, because when I first bought mine I was talking to a guy in the parking lot at work and I got about 100 feet away and it stopped running.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Locking doors to warm up car

You can do it this way, start car ( turn on heater to whatever setting you want )keep fob in your pocket....
Manually lock the door by pushing the lock inside the door to the locked position and close the door.
You can't then use the fob to unlock the door electronically- you need to use the little metal key inside the fob to
open the drivers door- it's a pain but it works...then off you go in a warm car.

Good luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
dafbrz.. I don't know if that will work either.. my car will not lock the doors in any capacity if the car is running and key fob is outside the car.. I have tried locking the doors in the manner you describe but it auto unlocks the second the door closes. Ragnar also yeah they must have I have actually walked off and left the key in my pocket while leaving someone in the car... I was in the store shopping the car never shut off. However these are usually settings that can be changed if you know the right buttons to push and when. I think these are all probably things you can change if you know the right sequence to modify the defaults.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts