Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been lurking and reading for a while and I finally got the opportunity to buy my new BRZ Limited today. WR Blue Pearl, manual, 10mi on the odometer. Sorry for the bad pic but it’s dark and raining now. Anyways, I’m excited to get started on learning and playing.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
2022 BRZ LTD/AT
11 Posts
Tell me that getting your new BRZ was not better than Christmas. If you have not figured it out already, don't park where you get jammed in by fools who don't leave enough room to open your doors wide enough to get out. You also don't want dings and dents. But, you also don't want to be 'That Guy' who parks weird and takes up two or three spaces. That will get you a beat down if you park in the wrong place. If you hear a weather report that predicts hail the size of ping pong balls, head for cover. The BRZ has lots lots of aluminum body parts. I once saw a new Forester that got caught in a hail storm and everything looked fine with the exception of the aluminum hood. It looked like hammered crap. Pretty amazing to see actually. There is not much you can do about the wear and tear you pick up on the road, but parking lot insults are avoidable. Pro tip: sliding the seat all the way back makes getting in and out easier then you can adjust the seat forward to get your legs and feet in the optimum position.

·
Registered
22 BRZ Limited MT
4 Posts
All great points, especially about the hail - or anything that might fall from overhanging trees, even big acorns. In my previous job, there was an office with an underground garage across the street. If there was a thunderstorm looming, I would hastily move my Forester over there.

I also now slide the seat back when leaving the car for service, making for less of a chance for door scuffs when techs get in and out.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ LTD/AT
11 Posts
My Ascent only has the aluminum hood, but the BRZ sports aluminum hood, front fenders and roof. While camping, I met a guy who fashioned a weatherized moving blanket that he can bungee to the front of his Forester. Three weeks after he put it together, he was caught out in the open during a hail storm. The efficacy of the blanket at the telling of the story was undetermined because the hail was estimated to be short of the size it would take to dent the metal. Down the road at a restaurant there was a car with an exploded sun roof and a car with a tree limb that came down across the top of the windshield folding the A-Pillars down into the cabin space. Sometimes the shade of an old oak tree is not the best idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts