Subaru BRZ Forum banner
14K views 43 replies 18 participants last post by  wbsrazzle 
#1 ·
Thinking of pulling the plug on my BRZ order and going with a different manufacturer. I placed my order on 3/3 and have no idea when the car is coming. I understand this is a limited production vehicle, highly desirable, etc. but just not sure I want to wait possibly 6 more months. I think Subaru has some great vehicles, but trying to find the right car is nearly impossible. Around here, you can't even find an Impreza Sport anywhere. I just talked to someone that had to go to Tucson to get the only Impreza Sport around. My first attempt at a Subaru may be my last.

If I end up cancelling, I will let you all know. Its a white manual premium.

Bret

#2 ·
Not to be rude.....but have you thought of YOUR location?

I'm not surprised that it is hard to find an Impreza in AZ considering AWD isn't very necessary. People are just starting to receive their BRZs within the last week. I wouldn't try to blame Subaru at all for this one. Contact the dealer you pre ordered from and "demand" information.

Bottom line is.....if you want this car....Get it...

#3 ·
I agree with dtorp. Being from Minnesota, AWD makes sense for our winters. Not for dry, arid Arizona. I'm # 7 of 8 on the local dealer list with an ETA around September/October. I'll wait. If you consider yourself a driving enthusiast, then waiting for the BRZ will be worth it. If not, do the right thing and give the car up for someone who is.

#5 ·
There is plenty of demand here for Subarus. If there wasn't they would not have just built a multi million dollar dealership. The dealership I am working with on the brz has 40 cars ordered for customers. One has been waiting since December. The dealer found the car the customer wanted in new England somewhere and Subaru agreed to help with the shipping.

I am a patient person, but I am not going to wait 6 months to test drive a car. I knew this process was going to be a little ass backwards when a manufacturer starts taking orders and requiring deposits for a car they have not put a price on yet that is due to hit the street in 60 days.

Don't get me wrong, subarus are great cars. The BRZ I am sure will not disappoint. But this process is starting to take the fun out of getting a new car.

#12 ·
40 cars over a 7 month period? That's just under 6 cars per month, delivered. Where in the line of 40 are you? Is the dealer GETTING 40 in? Or are they getting 10 in and have 30 shlubs in line waiting for the first 10 to decide on if they want the car?

#10 ·
First allocation, beginning to mid June. I have no reason to trust them but they have lied less than the other dealerships. Well we shall see.

If I still consider a RWD car it would be a 370z but I may just cancel any idea of a RWD for now.

*Maybe* a 2011-2012 WRX Hatch, or maybe a GTI MK6. I need to test drive both that is for sure. I just wish I could think of more options. If I test drive those and like at least one of them then I will be very happy knowing I have a car I would enjoy to fall back on should any additional hassles emerge with the BRZ process.

#9 ·
Lol, I think we are all exhausted from the hype we created. There comes a point where you run out of steam. My interest has decreased over the past week or two. And, knowing people are getting their cars now doesn't help... But am I still getting this car, hell yeah! If I don't I'll kick myself in the ass every time I see one on the street... Just gotta have patience...

#11 ·
I can't speak for anyone else but myself but as the time nears for the BRZ release I am becoming less-excited, more tired, and considering other cars. The majority of the excitement has worn off which I believe masked this feeling in my gut saying to me that I'm making justifications not based on facts to make this car right for me.

I'll wait until I see and sit in mine and test drive the dealer's model. It's just really hard finding an alternative car that I picture not getting bored of in 1.5-3 years but I suppose I could always sell it.

If I don't get the BRZ , the 370z was my alternative but I may just avoid RWD for now and see if I like the GTI or WRX Hatchback.

#15 ·
I drove the Mazda 3 and Mustang V6 recently and I would not buy either of those cars, but you may have a different experience with them. The Genesis Coupe looks very cool but I decided not to bother driving it after I read a scathing Consumer Reports review stating that the suspension made for a really uncomfortable ride and the road noise is atrocious.

The BRZ may have its own set of problems. I will wait and see.

#18 ·
I have not driven the 13 Genesis 2.0T but I have heard its pretty nice. I currently own a Veloster, and have not been particularly happy with Hyundais service departments. Of course, 26k is only going to get you a base car that does not have many standard features.

I was thinking of taking a look at the WRX hatch, base model. Its about the same price as the BRZ I ordered. Any opinions on this car?

My friend just bought a Speed3. He really likes it. But its not his daily driver. There was a guy who returned his Speed3 the other day to the dealer because he said it felt unstable. I have read alot about the bad torque steer.

#24 ·
I cancelled my order today. If anyone is interested in a white manual premium, Let me know. I went to a different dealer today that had a red AT premium coming in next week that was available. While I was there, I decided to just get an Impreza. Bought a white limited with sunroof.

#25 ·
I hope you have no regrets bro. You're getting a solid car. If the BRZ is a success, you can always get an improved model down the road and be grateful things worked out the way they day. It doesn't seem like you're excited about the impreza. No exclamation points!

#28 ·
I test drove a 2012 Genesis Coupe 2.0T, 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8, 2012 Mustang V6, and 2012 MazdaSpeed 3 yesterday. Out of the four I drove, the MS3 is my first choice, with a 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T being my second choice. The interior of both the Mazda and GenCoupe were amazing, with the winner going to the GenCoupe. The only thing is it's hard to get past the Hyundai brand, and the exterior is still lacking a bit, although it's a vast improvement from 2012.

#36 ·
Part of my reason for cancelling my order is that there are no cars to sit n or drive to see if you really want it. The dealer wouldn't even let me drive a wrx unless I bought it. Lol. How are you supposed to know if you like the car or not if you can't drive it?

They gave me the keys to a used one and told me to go have fun.

#39 ·
What I didn't get was that they knew I was going to buy a car. I just didn't know which one. It was down to 3 cars and they had them all. They just said that if you were buying that car you wouldn't want someone else driving it. I could understand if it was sold but it wasn't. Wasn't even a nice wrx it was base model. I can't afford a nice wrx like these 16 year old kids are driving. Lol

#41 ·
I am so much disappointed with the brz delivery system. no transparency at all. I was the first to preorder at my dealership but I dont have an ETA yet. However person 2nd in line at my dealer is getting a brz within a week from now. (I came to know that he was paying 1k more for this car) When I talked to Subaru , they told me that only the dealership can confirm ETA (which essentially means that he has full control on the sale of any car he gets). I have lost faith on this system and the whole notion of pre-order appears to be a farce.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.