Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked my car in the driveway overnight. In the morning, my step dad needed to get out, so he moved my BRZ to the side of the road, and left it there at 7am. I woke up, while getting ready for work and making a coffee, I hear a loud bang. Go outside at 8am to this..
Any idea of how I should go about this with insurance? The other driver's insurance is covering all repairs, but for a few things such as the front bumper, the body shop said they will repair (buff it out and paint it) as opposed to a new one. Since the car is 7 weeks old and only has roughly 4,000 miles on it, should I be entitled to a new one (I pay extra on my insurance for 5-year total loss coverage)

EDIT: no official quote yet, but so far seems to be over $10,0000 in damage (I believe that is without labor)

Car Accident - Imgur

·
Registered
210 Posts
Parked my car in the driveway overnight. In the morning, my step dad needed to get out, so he moved my BRZ to the side of the road, and left it there at 7am. I woke up, while getting ready for work and making a coffee, I hear a loud bang. Go outside at 8am to this..
Any idea of how I should go about this with insurance? The other driver's insurance is covering all repairs, but for a few things such as the front bumper, the body shop said they will repair (buff it out and paint it) as opposed to a new one. Since the car is 7 weeks old and only has roughly 4,000 miles on it, should I be entitled to a new one (I pay extra on my insurance for 5-year total loss coverage)

EDIT: no official quote yet, but so far seems to be over $10,0000 in damage (I believe that is without labor)

Car Accident - Imgur
Not sure what, "total lost coverage" is. But if you can get a new car (assuming you don't have any mods on the car) go for it. The chassis looks pretty damaged and unfortunately the car will never have the same driving feel as it did before. And the repairs will make the car a salvaged car, which will make the value go down, if you decide to sell it later in life.

I don't think you're entitled to anything other than getting it repaired by his insurance and sadly the damage isn't a total lost for the car.

Bad luck, bro God speed for whatever you do.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
35 Posts
How do people hit parked cars?! It absolutely blows my mind! A few weeks ago in my neighborhood, on a 4 car wide road, some teenage girl totaled her car into my neighbors parked car because she was texting! This was around 1pm! The way other people handle driving gets my blood boiling worse than anything else.

And sorry for your loss

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ouch ... bummer. What exactly did the insurance adjuster who evaluated the car say when he came out? If he deemed it repairable - and obviously he did I'm not sure you have much recourse. Now however if you had run out just after it happened and poured gas on it ... either way I feel your pain.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I do not understand.

How can anyone hit a parked, non-moving vehicle??

There are too many f****** idiots in this world.

They should never drive again.

I'm sorry for your BRZ and I hope you can get a new car...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ouch. Sorry to see that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was in a accident like a month ago had a premium white brz that was crashed from the front only had it for 3 months
I had the insurance pay for it and now a have a rally blue limited :D
So it is possible to have them call it a total loss and have them pay the car off and give you back any money you put into it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've seen some new cars (mostly trucks) cut in two and welded back together just because it was cheaper than buying a new one for insurance. My friend works at a good body shop during the summer and is a teacher the rest if the year.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
25 Posts
I do not understand.

How can anyone hit a parked, non-moving vehicle??

There are too many f****** idiots in this world.

They should never drive again.

I'm sorry for your BRZ and I hope you can get a new car...
I used the think your way about all those other stupid drivers having wrecks...how stupid of them, then in a ten year span I had two accidents that were MY fault, hit the rear end of a car stopped in the middle of the road and turned in front of another one who took me out in a heatrbeat rolling me over. After that, my outlook changed from what yours currently is. I think that after people experience an accident that it their fault, they learn a lot as in: I am driving along and in a heatbeat you have an accident and it is all over in a flash. Next you say to yourself, how in the hell did I do that? I am still asking my self that question. I would pay good money for a video of the last accident. These thing happen, you dont plan them and just a blink of your eye, or turn of your head and you miss something, and BAM. Apparently, you have not had the experience yet. Hope you dont, but you will see what I mean after you have one that is your fault. It is a humbling experience!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would pitch a fit to get a new vehicle out of this as you car will never be right again from what I see. Even with minimum coverage, the persons insurance should pay enough to replace your car with another, considering the salvage value of your wrecked one. It aint easy to do, but I would try.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thats every new car buyers nightmare right there.
Sorry this happened, and I really hope to hear that you get a new car !

·
Registered
110 Posts
It kind of looks like a public road because of the yellow line in the center. I don't like parking in the road because this type if accident is very common. Most of the time it is a hit and run after midnight.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
864 Posts
Was the car legally parked?
In your initial photo I noticed that there is a post with two small signs attached to it. What did the signs say?

qXe6E6Ph.jpg

Last edited by BRZfan; Today at 08:18 AM.

Car Accident - Imgur

1 - 20 of 25 Posts