Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I've been a little obsessed with this car lately and looking to purchase a new ~$25k lightweight 2door with mt and rwd next summer when the lease of my current car expires.

My first car was an early 80s RX-7 and from there on had a few other sporty mt cars over the years (Civic, Mazda 3, RSX, Lancer Evo).

Then since about 5 years ago I've driven a BMW 525i and 328i (both auto with sports packages). Currently leasing the 328i and want to get back to my roots when the lease is over and drive a nice sporty mt car without the fancy BMW logo.

Looking forward to following this car over the next year and hearing first impressions from new owners from this message board!

·
Registered
312 Posts
welcome! an early 80;s was that an FC or an FB?

BMW are boring no offense and come with an automatic asshat title!

But welcome the BRZ we hope will be awesome right out the box with some minor tweeks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FB (I believe it was an '83); it was my dad's old car he gave me when I turned 16. Wasn't necessarily powerful but definitely a fun little car to drive while I was in high school.

No offense taken rgd BMW :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hi All,

I've been a little obsessed with this car lately and looking to purchase a new ~$25k lightweight 2door with mt and rwd next summer when the lease of my current car expires.

My first car was an early 80s RX-7 and from there on had a few other sporty mt cars over the years (Civic, Mazda 3, RSX, Lancer Evo).

Then since about 5 years ago I've driven a BMW 525i and 328i (both auto with sports packages). Currently leasing the 328i and want to get back to my roots when the lease is over and drive a nice sporty mt car without the fancy BMW logo.

Looking forward to following this car over the next year and hearing first impressions from new owners from this message board!
Hey!

Nice collection of cars you had, will be interested to hear what you think about the BRZ once you get behind the wheel of one.
When is your lease up? and around what time do you expect to get a BRZ? Have you looked into pre-ordering a BRZ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe my lease is up in July 2013 so looking to purchase a new car around that time. It's a bit of a while away but I'm actually really excited to follow the BRZ from now and until then!

·
Registered
762 Posts
I believe my lease is up in July 2013 so looking to purchase a new car around that time. It's a bit of a while away but I'm actually really excited to follow the BRZ from now and until then!
Thats good timing. Enough to let you find out about any bugs/issues the BRZ might have, test drives, reviews, etc and if your lucky enough the BRZ STI might be released by then.

THis forum has ton's of info, one of the best ways to follow the BRZ :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats good timing. Enough to let you find out about any bugs/issues the BRZ might have, test drives, reviews, etc and if your lucky enough the BRZ STI might be released by then.

THis forum has ton's of info, one of the best ways to follow the BRZ :D
Yup, exactly :D Hopefully will also hear good feedback by then regarding best parts to use for performance mods.

If a beefed up STi version does come out for 2014, hopefully that will be around mid 2013. If not I may have to ride the bus for a few months to wait it out a little for the STi ;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
2014 i see the STi variant coming out... i suggest just keeping whatever your driving now till the time comes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts