Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks are subjective and I like RWD but you would be amazed by how many people don't know the difference (or trade off) between RWD and FWD.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I actually like it...and I prefer to buy Domestic. I might put this one on the radar for a test drive!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was going to bring this up but yea I want an awesome RWD. I like the fact that you can get Recaro seats with it and the 2.0L Turbo, 252HP and 270lb-ft torque

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I highly doubt anyone wanting a BRZ will ever consider a Ford and vise versa. There's maybe a very small percentage that will. But I can see where autoblog is coming from comparing the two.

I would never buy the Ford, or any domestic expecting to have the same performance. BRZ all the way!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Other than the awesome seats, the styling is too overdone for me. Fiesta ST looks much better.

I think it depends on whether it's a true driver's car like older Fords (Focus SVT or last gen ST/RS), or if it's a more refined, more bland BMW wannabee this gen. I suspect it's the latter.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Found on road dead. Where is this built? I think Ford has come a long way lately, but not enough for me to buy one. Looks like a hot little hatch on paper though...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeah...its a different car altogether. I am biased as I have friends that design for Ford and GM that sell me on the new quality of domestic car manufacturing. Either way, it's FWD which pretty much kills it for me...but I'll still test drive one.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Don't think many who are debating the BRZ would consider the Focus ST. It's a great car don't get me wrong. Not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I highly doubt anyone wanting a BRZ will ever consider a Ford and vise versa. There's maybe a very small percentage that will. But I can see where autoblog is coming from comparing the two.

I would never buy the Ford, or any domestic expecting to have the same performance. BRZ all the way!
its around the same price and its small and sporty...so anyone looking for a sporty car in the BRZ price range will at least know this car is out there and consider it if their not hung up on all the BRZ selling points (light & RWD). Also, the ST is probably faster and more economical since its a 5 door. I've already seen member on this forum trying to decide between WRX's, BMW 1M, Cooper S, mustang, gencoupe etc...

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I'm sure some may consider the ST but I don't think it's going to be a popular alternative. They are very different cars.

RWD vs FWD
N/A vs F/I

Much more torque in the Focus ST, also heavier. Should handle quite differently.

·
Registered
397 Posts
its a while diffrent car, and i would say cant really compete now if they brought over that euro spec rally focus they sell the RT or whatever is it.. now that is a fun little car to drive !

·
Registered
762 Posts
its around the same price and its small and sporty...so anyone looking for a sporty car in the BRZ price range will at least know this car is out there and consider it if their not hung up on all the BRZ selling points (light & RWD). Also, the ST is probably faster and more economical since its a 5 door. I've already seen member on this forum trying to decide between WRX's, BMW 1M, Cooper S, mustang, gencoupe etc...
ST is prob faster in straight line. I see a lot of pro's and con's with both cars. Would like to see someone put both of these cars through the same test to see which is really the better buy and stress their strong and weak points.

I like what Ford did, but I need to see more to like it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
FWD w/ turbo = torque steer to epic proportions.

In theory, the handling will be nowhere near the Zenith platform.

·
Registered
228 Posts
FWD w/ turbo = torque steer to epic proportions.

In theory, the handling will be nowhere near the Zenith platform.
"along with a torque-steer compensation system that works in conjunction with electronic power steering to keep the nose pointed in the right direction." According to Ford, they have that problem solved, but we will see.

I know I am one of the few, but I will probably cross shop this and the veloster turbo with the BRZ/FR-S. I am looking for a fun daily driver, so for me this is in the same ball park. But like with any car, it always comes down to how I feel when I actually get to drive it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts