Subaru BRZ Forum banner
14K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  BretAZ 
#1 ·
2.0L Turbo FWD, 252HP and 270lb-ft torque...starting at $24,495

I know its not RWD or a two a door coupe but I know a lot of people will cross shop this car with the BRZ. There are so many good choices we really cant complain...MS3, GTi, WRX, BRZ, Si, Mustang V6, Gencoupe, etc.

thoughts?

Ford prices 2013 Focus ST from $24,495* [UPDATE: Configurator launches]

#9 ·
I highly doubt anyone wanting a BRZ will ever consider a Ford and vise versa. There's maybe a very small percentage that will. But I can see where autoblog is coming from comparing the two.

I would never buy the Ford, or any domestic expecting to have the same performance. BRZ all the way!

#14 ·
its around the same price and its small and sporty...so anyone looking for a sporty car in the BRZ price range will at least know this car is out there and consider it if their not hung up on all the BRZ selling points (light & RWD). Also, the ST is probably faster and more economical since its a 5 door. I've already seen member on this forum trying to decide between WRX's, BMW 1M, Cooper S, mustang, gencoupe etc...

#10 ·
Other than the awesome seats, the styling is too overdone for me. Fiesta ST looks much better.

I think it depends on whether it's a true driver's car like older Fords (Focus SVT or last gen ST/RS), or if it's a more refined, more bland BMW wannabee this gen. I suspect it's the latter.

#23 ·
haha it's like what they say in top gear. If you buy the cheaper model, everytime you roll up beside the better model you are going to shrivel up in your seat. It's like 335i owners rolling up beside M3s or WRX's rolling up beside STis. The list goes on.

I saw a girl driving the V6 gen coupe yesterday. looked hot. :p

#24 ·
Ha, yeah, thats pretty much it. Use to drive me nuts when I first got the mustang, I worked my butt off to buy it and then some rich girl from my high school would pull up next to me in a brand new GT, or even once a Cobra. Still have a chip on my shoulder about girls in sports cars that don't even know how to change a tire. But if they know about cars then more power to them.

#35 ·
The st was on my short list of cars, same with the frs, Veloster turbo... As Subaru was the first to accept $ downplayment, it's what I went with as a choice. I would have preferred the frs it being the base model and cheaper, but scion wouldt tkae my $. While there are differences between the frs, limited and premium brz's, they all have the same engine. I can deal paying the extra grand for the scoobie doo version, as it does have better suspension and hids (got no options).. Wasnt realhappy about the markup, but I really like the car... This said, if the dealer fcuks me over for any reason, I wouldnt have a problem going with the ford st instead.. While I like the idea of a STI or turbo model, the price would make me cringe... While putting a deposit down on the brz, I saw the sticker on a STI, over $35k... Uh, no..

#38 ·
sigh it never ends I have a evo x and when a gtr pulls next to me lol I feel like I have a pos. Even though my evo is modded with a fp green and runs 11.2 in the qtr mile a gtr is a gtr. My one buddy who bless his heart has a 2012 gtr and is gonna mod the crap out of it said when he pulled next to a 458 he looked at his interior and frowned lol but and the other guy did not even acknowledge him he was like now I know what you are talking about. It never ends unless you have a ferrari labbo or bugatti lol.

#39 ·
sigh it never ends I have a evo x and when a gtr pulls next to me lol I feel like I have a pos. Even though my evo is modded with a fp green and runs 11.2 in the qtr mile a gtr is a gtr. My one buddy who bless his heart has a 2012 gtr and is gonna mod the crap out of it said when he pulled next to a 458 he looked at his interior and frowned lol but and the other guy did not even acknowledge him he was like now I know what you are talking about. It never ends unless you have a ferrari labbo or bugatti lol.
It doesn't end there either, cause some guy pulls up next to you with a full head of hair, and you feel like a pos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.