Subaru BRZ Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
They don't ship on the same boat. My BRZ that arrived at port in RI on 8/4 had previously been to Baltimore and before that Jacksonville

Violet Ace and Orchid Ace are both moving through the Panama canal. VA is headed for Jacksonville so probably loaded with Toyotas. Is it likely for Subaru and Toyota to use the same ship? I'd assume they pack them full with whatever is ready to go in Japan. We'll see if it heads up to Baltimore, RI, and Boston.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just got back to Long Island with my DGM Limited. It was an absolutely blast to drive. The seats were surprisingly comfortable even after a 5+ hour drive. My daughter even stayed in the back without any complaints!

Also had a chance to meet Warman at the dealership while he was picking up his WRB. Hope your trip back home is a safe one!
Thanks Foobar! I made it back safe this afternoon. So far I absolutely love it. My only complaints are navigation-related.. that thing is a little weird.

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
My NAV has been working great. Only gripe so far is when I tell it to change city there is a delay between it prompting me and recording my response.

I'm not an audiophile by any means but I find the sound quality lackluster. I don't know if an amp would fix that.

·
Registered
206 Posts
LOL same here, my wife and I were getting pissed off at the Fujitsu 10 head unit, almost yanked it out right then and there! Took me a while to realize that she couldn't enter an address in while we were moving. Doh, I knew this and totally forgot.

Here's a post with pics of my DGM after getting her detailed and Opti-Coated: http://www.subarubrzforum.com/14-subaru-brz-pictures/2807-official-dark-gray-metallic-picture-thread-2.html#post26656
That looks super sharp. Congrats. That's a great color. Did you have a local detail shop apply the Opti coat?

·
Registered
31 Posts
LOL same here, my wife and I were getting pissed off at the Fujitsu 10 head unit, almost yanked it out right then and there! Took me a while to realize that she couldn't enter an address in while we were moving. Doh, I knew this and totally forgot.

Here's a post with pics of my DGM after getting her detailed and Opti-Coated: http://www.subarubrzforum.com/14-subaru-brz-pictures/2807-official-dark-gray-metallic-picture-thread-2.html#post26656
It took a while to pick up a signal when I left Boston this morning, and I had to shoot across two lanes later in the day when it said "Keep left" followed by "keep right" maybe 15 seconds after. I hate that it takes so long to tell you the next move, and the itinerary is grayed out while driving. I want to be able to know what to do next so I'm not surprised when it tells me where to go.

It also reroutes really often and the traffic is pretty unintelligent.

Your car looks AWESOME btw. My next step is to find a detailer to detail and Opti-coat mine.

My NAV has been working great. Only gripe so far is when I tell it to change city there is a delay between it prompting me and recording my response.

I'm not an audiophile by any means but I find the sound quality lackluster. I don't know if an amp would fix that.
I agree it doesn't sound great, especially when playing over bluetooth.

·
Registered
145 Posts
That looks super sharp. Congrats. That's a great color. Did you have a local detail shop apply the Opti coat?
Thanks! Yeah, Mr. Sparkle Detailing took care of me, it's a local detailer. If you're on Long Island, I highly recommend his work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
318 Posts
Gents, congrats on a successful delivery and drive home. Glad NE worked out for you. To answer some of your questions, we get the same complaints on nav and audio for the WRX and STI. Believe it or not, the previous systems were worse. The kicker sub & amp will help with the audio, but make sure you look over carefully how it'll look in your truck before choosing to install. As for the Nav, I believe the official word from Subaru was "we're working on it." Otherwise, enjoy, just remember that the focus on the car were never the fancy electronics. :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Amen. Once you start up the car and drive around your first turn you realize this car is meant for driving. I can't wait for the 1000 mile break in to be over.

I drove out to some back roads and intentionally got lost early this morning. The roads were wet, twisty, and not a car to be seen. I ended up 45 minutes from home. Did some nice fishtails taking turns but didn't want to push it any further considering it's my first RWD car. This was the most fun I've ever had in a car and I've had a couple Audi and a Civic Si before this.

I can't wait to become a better RWD driver.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gents, congrats on a successful delivery and drive home. Glad NE worked out for you. To answer some of your questions, we get the same complaints on nav and audio for the WRX and STI. Believe it or not, the previous systems were worse. The kicker sub & amp will help with the audio, but make sure you look over carefully how it'll look in your truck before choosing to install. As for the Nav, I believe the official word from Subaru was "we're working on it." Otherwise, enjoy, just remember that the focus on the car were never the fancy electronics. :)
I agree.. the nav quality is definitely not what I bought the car for.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts