Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey BRZ (and FR-S?) fans,

I'm a 45-year-old ex-fun-car driver and racer interested in my next fun-car on a reasonable budget.
Hoping to learn more about the BRZ in the FAQ's sections, quirks, things to look out for, etc.

quick intro

these are all the sporty fun cars I've owned or built-up in order from 1988 when I started driving til today (pretty much were all used crap save 2 of them I got to buy new)
1979 Celica GT (Import car of the Year my dad always used to brag/joke)
1988 Volkswagon Scirocco 16V (my first car payment started on a car with 70K miles)
1997 Acura Integra GSR (my first new car; had seriously crappy body roll)
1986 Mazda RX-7 I modded myself into an SCCA ITS RX-7 race car (fun at Road America, Gingerman, Grattan, Indianapolis Raceway Park). most responsive, best handling car I've ever driven
1988 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II (bought this with 156K miles on it; was the dream-build that got away)
1993 BMW (bought this with 117K miles on it; was a decent daily driver)
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 (my second new car and lots of fun to throw around but very quirky to mod and seriously ugly)

Now I don't have a fun car but the BRZ specs look a LOT like my 1986 Mazda RX-7 SCCA ITS car...

low center of gravity for the motor, similar flat torque and top-end peakiness, incredible handling, 2600lb wt (my car), etc...

would like to get back to that feeling of simplicity after the mazdaspeed3 turbo proved to be such a PITA, but that doesn't mean I don't fantasize about the Vortech SC add-on later.

anyway, just saying hello

Pete

1 - 1 of 1 Posts