Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so my name is Danny. I am 22 and I just traded my 2010 Chevrolet Silverado with a Rough Country 7.5" lift and 325/60/20s (35s) in for a Subaru BRZ Limited. I got $27,500 for the truck. The car was $29,xxx and I got my APR down to 1.84%. I put roughly $8000 on the car and my payments are around $380 a month. The car had 13 miles when I picked it up and now has 66 miles. This is my first manual car. I attempted to drive it home, but I stalled once, but I spun the tires more than everything. So, I'll be practicing around the subdivision tomorrow. The color is Satin White Pearl.

Okay, for pics

Here is my old truck

The car

·
Registered
315 Posts
This was a dramatic vehicle change!

Welcome to the ownership ranks and welcome to the board.

Time to get out and drive!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Huge change but welcome! I have had mine for about 3 months now and have only seen 3 on the road in my area! Love it! Enjoy and the shifting will come to you like second nature before long! :) Have fun.:cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks y'all and I'm getting it slowly. Just woke up (work nights) but is there a "break in" period for a clutch, because even my father stalled it and he drives a manual.

It was a big change, but honestly I don't miss the truck. I'm getting 22mpg just trying to learn how to drive it. I was getting 10-13mpg in the truck so I can't complain about that :)

oh, and yeah, I never see these on the road. I saw the FR-S, but never the BRZ

·
Registered
89 Posts
You sound just like me. I was driving a Toyota FJ Cruiser and traded for a BRZ limited. I am an Alabama native living in Tallahassee FL. Enjoy your car. Where in Alabama do you live?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'm finally up to 100 miles on it. Haven't stalled, but missed a gear earlier. I'm learning slowly. I live about 30 miles south of Mobile, on the Gulf Coast.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You are not far from me. Did you trade with Koby Subaru? That's where I found my WRB LTD, Mary Barras was my salesperson and she was awesome! You are going to love this machine....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually yes I did, dang small world on this forum. My salesman was Bruce. I drove around about 40 miles today. I over think the shifting aspect of it. I get a lot of shaky starts, but once I get going shifting is a joke. It's just starting to go. Mr. Koby himself is the one that gave me the $27k for the truck because his appraiser offered $22k which was ridiculous.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mr. Koby is very nice. I had a hard time keeping this thing below 4k rpm all the way to Tallahassee. Mr. Koby meets all customers who wind up buying. Keep this car under 4k rpm for the first 1000 miles, and then have them change the oil at 3000k. I am sure you got the 2 year service place (oil changes). Then drive this car like you stole it. It's such a great car. Have fun!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I did get that service, and it's not so hard for me, because the only time I rev that high is whenever I mess up starting from a stop :( or I miss a gear which I am working on, but thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts