Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. I've got a 2016 BRZ Limited (World Rally Blue Mica). The BRZ is the 6th Subaru I've owned and I must say the BRZ is becoming the favorite of all the Subarus I've owned. Only mods done right now are the Grimmspeed Air Intake as I use my BRZ as a daily driver each day for work (72 miles each day). So for now I'm keeping it close to stock. Next mod will be a CBE and most likely a tune. Good to be on this forum!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hola!

hi. just some background and plans. new brz 2018 premium. wanted the base model because it's the lightest model. bare bones. 2760lbs from dealer with no driver full tank. i have a lot of great cars, but wanted something that i could dd or put on the track for some fun and not worry about the cost of repairs or expensive parts if i wanted to upgrade. sick of that!

i've had it to the track 2x before the cold hit. out of the box, the machine is soooo much fun. i have no idea why people complain about the power. yeah in a long line it's a little slow, but it has power just where i like it, out of the turn exits. honestly, who's driving these on a track where you're going to need 6th gear, or even 5th? drive great lines, learn the car and be smooth = fast. the car reminds me of the old spirited 72' datsun 240z (my dad has his still, so i've compared). not over techie is the part i love the most, like my 95 M3. straight forward, balanced and raw.

only update thus far:
drivetrain: jdm 6mt short shifter

2019 Plan:
engine: not upgrading, been down the rabbit hole of more power w/other cars
drivetrain: nothing planned
suspension: lower springs for now. need more seat time on the track and road.
braking: upgrade brake fluid, brake pads
weight: continue to reduce weight without losing to much driver enjoyment
wheels: there is a little oversteer so i'm going to try staggered in the summer w/ some Michelin Pilot Super Sport

this is also co-owned by my 16yr son. i own it, just want him to have some skin in it to learn the right way to modify a car. that being said, he is all about bling and exhaust sound. so any modification that fits a pointless factor, i have to approve and than he has to pays for. hope that curves the teen car spirit.

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts