Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
To say that this test mule is "Looking quite a lot like the skeletonized/transparent BRZ Prologue" is like saying a 370Z and Genesis coupe look alike because they have two doors and four wheels.

Subaru has already mentioned the production model will look nothing like the BRZ Prologue concept, which was used to display the chassis/drivetrain.

BTW, this pre-production model looks similar if not the same as ones in other spy shots that have been out over a month now. The writer talks like he's breaking news or something. Dude, if you're gonna be an automotive journalist, try and stay current.

Minus the front lower grill, this looks like the exact same car. http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/subaru-/subaru-brz-spied-testing/259008/pictures/subaru-brz-spied-testing.aspx

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
The design is plain looking. At least compared to the FR-S and FT86 concepts. Wonder if that really is the production or concept BRZ. Was hoping for something bit more aggresive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Subaru-BRZ-front1-copy-625x441.jpg
Subaru-BRZ-Rear-copy-625x441.jpg

Artist's rendering based on the spy photos.

I actually like it because it's more "plain looking". I see it more of being sleek vs being busy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the sleek lines, if you want aggressive go buy the fr-s, or slap some aftermarket crap on it, or get an STI. I like where this is going. Keep it simple. Simple and fast.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I like the sleek lines, if you want aggressive go buy the fr-s, or slap some aftermarket crap on it, or get an STI. I like where this is going. Keep it simple. Simple and fast.
I actually believe the FR-S will be the one with the sleek lines. The Subaru BRZ rumored to be the most powerful version of the 3 cars just might have the most aggressive look to match the horsepower increase.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I actually believe the FR-S will be the one with the sleek lines. The Subaru BRZ rumored to be the most powerful version of the 3 cars just might have the most aggressive look to match the horsepower increase.
I hope you're right SubiGuy! The rendering photos are, by far, my favorite of the bunch. Aggressive flares, but somehow subtle, and very true to Subaru's past design philosophy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts