Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick shout out to JPM Coachworks for their great job with my Nexus 7 mount for my car. Looks great and this project is FINALLY finished. I have one of the older wifi only units that won't take a sim card. Unit is plugged into the car audio by an older and very simple Pioneer system (been working great). From the Nexus its plugged into a 4 port USB tree with a DAC and 32gb flash drive. Simple setup, no problems thus far. I just wanted it to look clean and I'm super happy with the results.

BRZ.jpg brz3.jpg

There were a couple unanticipated hiccups in the process. First was the fact that I NEEDED to get my windows tinted. (not ALL that bad...) The glare on the screen is pretty significant sometimes. Also, since digital touchscreen devices like this have a polarization filter built in, if you wear polarized sunglasses with this tablet in the horizontal position, the display is blacked out.

Second, during the final install, the top center guide for the center bezel stuck too far out and the nexus wouldn't fit. That was solved with a good swipe of the Dremel.

Third, not having a knob to control volume takes some getting used to. I've decided that I'm going to learn some java and figure out how to write a program that allows me to use the multi-touch capability with the Nexus 7 to manipulate volume. Theoretically, if I do this right, I can program the tablet to recognize when I put two fingers against the tablet and swipe up or down to increase or decrease the volume, respectively, with respect to about 2/3 the height of the screen so I have some wiggle room and I can touch anywhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In regards to the volume deal. Are there no android apps out there that support gestures for volume control?
None that allow for continuous applications of 'volume-up' or 'volume-down'. The best I have found is "swipe down to turn the volume down by 1 degree, and open up the volume prompt."

I want something that scales with the screen, no matter where I touch. Also, something that DOSN'T bring up the volume prompt. I'm about 1/2 way through with what I think might be a solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
None that allow for continuous applications of 'volume-up' or 'volume-down'. The best I have found is "swipe down to turn the volume down by 1 degree, and open up the volume prompt."

I want something that scales with the screen, no matter where I touch. Also, something that DOSN'T bring up the volume prompt. I'm about 1/2 way through with what I think might be a solution.
Have a look at Tasker for Android Tasker for Android. There are some good 3rd party guides if you Google - The author of Tasker keeps on developing it at the cost of the documentation

1 - 5 of 5 Posts