Subaru BRZ Forum banner
17K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  jsorondo 
#1 ·
Nitrous Express has a new nitrous system for the FR-S and BRZ that is designed to be a bolt-on, application-specific kit. It is actually pretty innovative what they did here. Normally, the end user would be responsible for installing the nitrous jets in the correct location somewhere along the intake piping. However, with this bolt-on kit, all you do is drop in a throttle spacer plate with two small nitrous jets built in! Not only does it make for an easier and cleaner install, it also ensures that the nitrous has a good path directly into your intake manifold. Plus, you can configure this system to produce anywhere from 35 to 100 WHEEL HORSEPOWER, depending on what you want!

What's more, this nitrous system automatically mixes the correct amount of fuel and nitrous, so there is no need to purchase bigger fuel injectors or tune your fuel delivery. However, we still do recommend purchasing a larger fuel pump (like our DeatschWerks one) and possibly retarding ignition timing a bit (usually only needed for anything over a 35 shot). This nitrous kit is probably about the best horsepower per dollar modification you can make to your FR-S or BRZ.

For more info and pricing, check out this link: 2013 Subaru BRZ Nitrous Express Stage 2 Import EFI Nitrous Kit

See less See more
#10 ·
I have never seen a bolt on kit actually. I really do think this is kinda cool. Iv only ever seen people build theirs from a kit or piece it together. Would be awesome to inject auto at a certain rpm instead of manually. It is a little scary though thinking a noob could by this kit and potentially modify it. I think that's why so many people have strayed from N2O is because of horror stories of blown engines ect. That and fast an the furious seemingly not using it in their movies anymore lol.

#11 · (Edited)
Yeah that's the thing about Nitrous...it's very safe to use if you install it as intended by the manufacturer and don't go berserk with the power levels. Once you start modifying the kit to produce a lot more power, you could run into trouble. Just like any other modification, if your going to add a ton of power to your car, you need to make sure the engine and drivetrain can handle it. That said, for customers who don't really want to do any extra modification, a 35 whp "shot" of Nitrous is usually the best way to go (that's the minimum configurable amount of power this kit will produce).

#16 ·
I installed the Nitrous Express kit last summer. It was "easy" to install- bolt in tank, run nitrous lines and bolts onto the throttle body control unit. I started withe 35 shot and quickly upgraded to the 50 shot. I ran two 10lb bottles without any problems. The car is in the shop right now adding cold air intake and new manifold and then a ECUTECK tune to properly run the 75 shot. I dyno tested last summer on the 50 shot and was a 1:1 HP gain (50hp). I wouldn't go over the 50 without the tune, but it was the best 50hp for under $1K.
Land vehicle Vehicle Engine Auto part Car
Trunk Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Automotive exterior

#17 ·
I installed the Nitrous Express kit last summer. It was "easy" to install- bolt in tank, run nitrous lines and bolts onto the throttle body control unit. I started withe 35 shot and quickly upgraded to the 50 shot. I ran two 10lb bottles without any problems. The car is in the shop right now adding cold air intake and new manifold and then a ECUTECK tune to properly run the 75 shot. I dyno tested last summer on the 50 shot and was a 1:1 HP gain (50hp). I wouldn't go over the 50 without the tune, but it was the best 50hp for under $1K.
View attachment 15610 View attachment 15618
I bought this kit. Still haven't received it. I don't plan on going over the 50 shot but would like to know what your experience has been with the kit. Have you had any issues? CELs? any codes? I'm running the Stage 2 UEL+E85 tune by OFT Performance and I'm pushing 204whp. Any information/personal experience you can provide will be extremely helpful as no one in Texas is running this kit in their FR-S or BRZ.

Thanks in advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.