Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know whether different markets (North America, Euro, JDM) have different versions of the OEM headlights for the 2013 BRZ? I have a broken but fully functional headlight. I bought a used one from the US but the boomerang doesn't illuminate. The retailer sent me a different one with the exact same problem. For those who are skeptical, my local Subaru dealership installed it and the connections are 100% identical. They even reinstalled the broken one whose boomerang still works.

Just so we're clear because there's a lot of controversy about this, all trim levels of all BRZs worldwide use the exact same boomerang running lights as opposed to the GT86's LED strip.

I've been looking for an OEM part abroad for over a month because they're three times the price here, so I would really appreciate your input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

first post here, wondered if we got to the bottom of this (maybe diode dynamics can help)

I am experiencing the same thing as the OP (based in the EU) having purchased a headlight from the USA.

Did you managed to get your US headlight boomerang operating as it should?

my US spec light boomerang does come on faintly with the drl on startup, then goes away as you flick through 2nd 4th click - to turn the hids on.(main beams)

Whereas the UK(eu) headlight, on startup remains off with just the DRL on, then on clicking 2 flicks forward on the stalk the boomerang comes on & DRL goes off, another 2 more flicks on stalk switches the main beams (hids) on with the boomerang remaining albeit slight dimmer.

any tips would be appreciated
Thanks
Rash

1 - 3 of 3 Posts