Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got Bored: Painted Stock Wheels(Whiteout/SWP on Gold/Bronze) - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB
I need help, can anyone find the part number for this type of paint? I feel this color is a bronze, doesn't say neither bronze or gold but i believe it is a bronze. How should i go about making my OEM wheels look exactly like this color and as far as maintaining these wheels is it necessary to buy a spray that prevents rust on metallic paint on wheels if i do not plan on driving my vehicle in snowy weather, sorry for the noob questions.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks like you should be able to get it at pretty much any hardware store. I don't think Rustoleum makes a spray paint specifically for car wheels. The big thing is to make sure the prep work is done correctly (just do what the guy says in that thread).

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
I am going to plasti Dip the stock wheels for a similar look, but without having to scrap the paint etc.... Whenever I get tired of it, I'll just peel it off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to plasti Dip the stock wheels for a similar look, but without having to scrap the paint etc.... Whenever I get tired of it, I'll just peel it off.
Do you have the product number for that color, or the plasti dip item that is a bronze color? Im thinking twice i rather plasti dip it that color and if it turns out i don't like it i can peel it off. If it turns out to look really good ill peel it off once the paint is becoming dull and spotty and repaint my wheels that color. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Like mentioned above its just general metal metallic paint.

Don't think they make bronze plastidip without going into mixing custom colors and purchasing a spray gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts