Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first official commercial from Subaru for the new BRZ. Looks awesome in the video I must say.
Don't want to ruin it for you so here it is:

Touching story even though I don't understand the language.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called my dad right after watching this!! haha, all joking aside glad to see a comercial already, the day gets closer and closer.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm. So I see Subaru is trying to attract the female market with the BRZ as well. I have noticed that more girls have been getting into cars.

·
Registered
762 Posts
even tho i didn't understand anything they were saying, it's pretty easy to understand whats going on. great commercial. By far different from the American car commercials that have crazy music going on and a bunch of crazy video clips of the car.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are good commercials and bad commercials. Commercials with a story or a meaning are way better then a commercial with explosions and speeding cars.

My favorite commercial of all time:

·
Registered
66 Posts
So if I could understand them I might be able to interpret the commercial better, but it seemed like it was relating to being young again?

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its just a story of a father who loved his Subaru and for whatever reason always argued with his son. Things went sour. Guy got older. Bought his own BRZ> Came home to visit one day. Sees that his dad isnt home. Mom tells him to talk to his dad. Finds him outside admiring his BRZ. Gives him the keys. Father ignores him. But really is going to get him his childhood toy. Father and son rejoin. The BRZ brought them together as a common interest and passion. Dad is proud that son bought a Subaru?

That is my "I don't understand Japan" interpretation

1 - 13 of 13 Posts