Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick up one of these, since I've always hated locked in tunes that the end user can't modify. Even if a pro tunes the car, you still have full access to the ROM file and can edit it yourself. I can also start from a free basemap and tweak as needed. Not saying self tuning is for everyone, but from the reading I've done it looks great.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have one. Just haven't had time to switch my Ecutek back to stock ROM and install the OFT yet. Plus, the car has been sitting in the garage the past couple days waiting for some gasket maker to fully cure from the Raceseng cam plate I installed. Hope to install it tomorrow and see how it performs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
At this point if I were in the market for a flash, I would just wait for Open Source tuning. It is really close. They've already flashed the ECU, now defining tables and optimizing the flash procedure.
I went with OFT because I didn't want to have a laptop in the car and liked the ability to use the small tablet. The fact that I can resell it also adds value to me. I've got a Visconti tune on the car now and the logs look OK, but wanted to try something different with all the recent issues that have popped up on the other boards. I had a tune from Shiv on my 02 WRX for 10 years and it ran without issues so I've got more confidence/faith that a tune by Vishnu is safe.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
I went with OFT because I didn't want to have a laptop in the car and liked the ability to use the small tablet. The fact that I can resell it also adds value to me. I've got a Visconti tune on the car now and the logs look OK, but wanted to try something different with all the recent issues that have popped up on the other boards. I had a tune from Shiv on my 02 WRX for 10 years and it ran without issues so I've got more confidence/faith that a tune by Vishnu is safe.
Definitely there is a market and advantage to have the tablet, but its a tough $500 pill to swallow once OpenSource is out.

I payed $725 for license, cable, turbo ECUtek tune, and will probably go open source in the future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts