Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I've lurked on these forums for awhile now but figured I'd ask a question to see what others' experiences were.

I ordered a Limited 6MT WRB on 7/21 and am being told my ETA is 8/22. Originally they had told me to expect 8-10 weeks, but now it's much sooner. I don't have a VON or VIN. I also live in Madison, WI and at the time of order the dealership had 2 other allotments.

Is my dealer jerking me around or is 8/22 something I can set my sights for?

·
Registered
162 Posts
sounds too good to be true...I ordered 1st week of June, was given a VON right away and dealer said July or August at the latest. I called SOA a month later, gave them my VON, and SOA said November!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered mine here in Central NJ six weeks ago, and still don't have a VON or VIN. My dealership didn't have anyone in thier queue. I spoke with my sales rep last week and he still hadn't received the VON yet. I continue to wait patiently......

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree with Sascuderi - my original deal with my first dealership told me an ETA of early July from an original pre-order of May 7th. Then it was LATE July. Then it was August.

But through all of that my order wasn't even going to processed properly because I was ordered a DGM color (dealer talked me into it from black), but I live in Canada and they dont even distribute DGM to Canada (I found this out on my own and told them to beat it after they told me they will find me a Black).

I found the same trim I wanted on AutoTrader and that the car would be an almost guarantee since it was an extra allocation vehicle Subaru was sending a dealership in the GTA. Even with the guarantee it would be a nearly 3 month wait for it (July --> early Sept). So unless the car you're ordering is the same situation as mine I couldn't see it being a fresh "pre-order".

I think most dealerships in Ontario Canada have back-orders now until 2013 :/

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's a coincidence and not a lie. It turns out a lot of WRBs will be delivered in August. I was told an August ETA but got it in July. Mine is a WRB Limited 6MT. It only make sense for Subaru to build a batch of WRBs - the most pre-ordered color.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I believed once u order u should be given the Von right away.
Subaru have not been good on distributing their brz. I guess they r trying to allocate it evenly nationwide. That's why u have some instances that one dealer has allocation even though no one ordered

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey Guys, I've lurked on these forums for awhile now but figured I'd ask a question to see what others' experiences were.

I ordered a Limited 6MT WRB on 7/21 and am being told my ETA is 8/22. Originally they had told me to expect 8-10 weeks, but now it's much sooner. I don't have a VON or VIN. I also live in Madison, WI and at the time of order the dealership had 2 other allotments.

There is no way you will get your car in Aug. I suggest you go on carsoup or autotrader and keep your eyes peeled. I ordered the exact same model/color as you with an ETA of Sept. I ordered 4/24 and recieved a VON right away. I think the dealer is either dishonest or uninformed about BRZ orders.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
I'm sorry.but the dealer has no incentive in lying. Whe you are given a firm date of 8/22, it sounds too specific to be a lie. Once thing would be if they said "Late August", but such a specific date sounds real. Call Subaru of America customer service, they should be able to look up your order by name. I think they somehow lucked out on your car (Maybe a dealer trade with another dealer) or one of the pre-orders ahead of you backed out and they are offering it to you.

Edit: I bet you lucked into it by someone else backing out from a pre-order

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm sorry.but the dealer has no incentive in lying. Whe you are given a firm date of 8/22, it sounds too specific to be a lie. Once thing would be if they said "Late August", but such a specific date sounds real. Call Subaru of America customer service, they should be able to look up your order by name. I think they somehow lucked out on your car (Maybe a dealer trade with another dealer) or one of the pre-orders ahead of you backed out and they are offering it to you.

Edit: I bet you lucked into it by someone else backing out from a pre-order
I'm hoping you're right. That sounds much more positive than Jasonek's response. No offense...

Edit: I mean that's kind of what I figured. He has no benefit in lying to me. He started off with very non positive answers to many of my questions, time to delivery (long), what my trade in would be worth (low), etc., and stated he'd rather bring me good news than let me down. So fingers crossed I'll have a new car by the end of the month!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah I believed it doesn't go down on when u ordered it but what is allocated to the dealer so yes might be coming soon than others who ordered a long time ago..it reallyy depends maybe someone backout. My brz is a backout order I found it at autotrader. Dealer contacted me after I emailed them.

·
Registered
231 Posts

My money says that you're getting a new BRZ in late August!

I assume you're dealing with a large dealer there, who probably DOES know what he's doing, unlike some smaller dealers with small allocations who sometimes just aren't very competent, which is the third possibility. Sometimes they can be wrong, but not be lying.

No, I suspect you just picked the RIGHT CAR to order! I imagine it may have been built before you even walked into the dealership, so yeah, it's your lucky day!

Cool! :D

Don't forget to return to let us know the outcome. "Inquiring minds" and all...:p

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm hoping you're right. That sounds much more positive than Jasonek's response. No offense...!
No offense taken. My intention wasn't negative - only realistic. I've been roaming this forum for a long time and based my response on other experiences and my own. If you get it on that date, then yes, consider yourself lucky. But w/o a VON or VIN, it just sounds too good to be true.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Um you can't get your car! I'm the only one around here, Janesville, that has one of these I believe. I can't have someone else driving around w one of these lol. I guess as long as u stay in Dane Cty and don't come in Rock Cty we won't have a problem :). Enjoy it once you get it.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha. Hate to burst your bubble. I've seen one other WRB limited in Madison. Owned by a coworker. I can't wait for mine to get here though...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To give a bit of an update...

SoA wasn't able to look it up via my name alone so I called my dealer back. SoA was also pretty Negative Nancy about when I could expect to see it.

The salesman at my dealership apologized for not answering some of my previous inquiries. He'd been busy and out of town recently. However, he was quite helpful this go around and provided me with both a VON and a VIN. Looks like my car was number 2850. He also stated the ETA of 8/22 hadn't changed.

I'll be calling SoA back to see the whereabouts now that I have the VON.

·
Registered
318 Posts
This is one of those rare cases of picking the right car and ordering from the right dealer at the right time. There are certain northern dealers that are getting cars NOT pre-ordered because they were probably allocated a larger numbers of BRZ for the year (vicinity of 15-20+). More likely, it's a pre-order that was cancelled. Just because you cancel your order with your dealer doesn't mean that dealer is going to cancel their order with Subaru. They're going to want to have that BRZ anyway. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts