Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the BRZ has a bit too much Toyota design cue's but at least it still has the "Subaru look" going on and hasn't fully lost the look you expect from a Subaru.

The 3 manufactures really could have done better with keeping the design of all 3 models farther apart.

There was a time when Toyota and Scion had concepts that looked totally different from one another, while the less fortunate Subaru BRZ only had an engine, transmission and a transparent body. But the amazing concepts with floating wheels and bold styling soon turned themselves into identical triplets that can barely be set apart.

We all know that Subaru was responsible for most of the engineering work, while Toyota gave us the sports coupe’s looks, but there might be more to it. A recent report from Automotive News suggests that Toyota snuck in some marketing Trojans into the BRZ horse.

At the back of the BRZ, there’s a cluster of lights between the exhaust tips, and supposedly the inverted red triangle is not designed to look like a Formula 1 car’s brake light, but a stylized version of the Toyota “T”.

"The inverted triangle stands for Toyota's 'T' shape. With the T motif, we aim to express our identity," an official told Automotive News at the Tokyo Motor Show.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/outrage-is-the-subaru-brz-designed-with-toyota-cues-40984.html

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
i think it was almost expected to turn out like this since the design part of things were up to Toyota, but i agree that the Subaru BRZ, Toyota 86/GT86 & Scion FR-S design's need to have more differences. A lot of people have been talking about face-lifted models in the next year or two, so maybe then we can expect more design differences?

·
Registered
359 Posts
This should just be a baseline a base map of something greater these cars will start off as twins but at tuning arms come into play body kits and everything they will be huge variation as time comes, just due to the huge fan boy backing of the two car companies they will each want their on individuality. but the fate of the face-lifted versions will be left up to toyota and subaru.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
It definitely doesn't look like any other Subaru that is for sure. I really don't understand why they made the two cars so similar. This is the first time I've seen it happen. I understand sharing the same chassis but why the same body?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts