Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife accidentally clipped a trash can this evening and broke the passenger side mirror. Colored part came off and went flying. Got some scratches, but is okay. Mirror is shattered and assembly itself has some cracks. Would prefer to replace rather than salvage. Pivots fine, so not sure why the bottom part that is attached to the car would need replacing. Below is the part number I found.

$214~!

Can post pics of the damage sometime tomorrow. Hoping this is a replacement I can do myself rather than having to pay a shop to do it. Would not mind helping someone who knows what they are doing as "side work", but do not know anyone around here anymore that works on Subaru/Toyota.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have found some on ebay that are salvage. It looks like they may be all the same except for the color matched panel that faces the front of the car. Mine came off and got scratched. I would like to replace it also possibly. May have to dig into the part number for that too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know which wire connection goes on which? Was able to get just the mirror, but not sure if it matters which wire goes to which here. I should have made note or took a photo when removing the damaged mirror. May just be a positive and negative that does not matter which.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It turns out both wires are black, so I am guessing it just sends current through the circuit behind the mirror glass.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some pics of how the mirror looked before replacing the glass

this is with the broken glass already removed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts