Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you have been looking for a decent video clip...hopefully this helps in your decision! It sounds soooo good in person!

This is the resonated version BTW

Yes, i know the BRZ is dirty :p

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice!

I see that you got the black resonated version which If I'm right is a bit pricier than the standard one.

Nice catback! :) I will probably get Perrin's, too... (was hard for me to decide between SpeedFactory's V1)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sounds WAY! better than the video on their site. I was disgusted with that video. All the tinny vibration and resonance and all. Yours sounds nothing like that. GOOD STUFF!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im probably wrong but it looks like the black coating on the muffler part of the exhaust peeled off. What is that?
Yeah it is peeling off... I've been told its normal (maybe not) just due to the heating and cooling of the muffler (makes sense). The tips and exhaust pipes are still in mint condition and you cant see the peeling unless you lay down and look up at it, so it's not that big of a deal to me. I am keeping a sharp eye on it though!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah it is peeling off... I've been told its normal (maybe not) just due to the heating and cooling of the muffler (makes sense). The tips and exhaust pipes are still in mint condition and you cant see the peeling unless you lay down and look up at it, so it's not that big of a deal to me. I am keeping a sharp eye on it though!
If they wanted it to stay, they should have picked a better product more suited to the expansion and contraction of it. That's shoddy IMO.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If they wanted it to stay, they should have picked a better product more suited to the expansion and contraction of it. That's shoddy IMO.
For now I can live with it, but that's just me...it's not a very large spot. Now, if the pipes and tips start to peel (which is all I really care about)...then Perrin will be hearing from me lol

The BRZ is my DD and I live in Ohio, so this exhaust is going to just be beat to hell with our insane winters and Arizona like summers, I'm not expecting this thing to be in great shape down the road :p

·
Registered
145 Posts
Keep in mind that PERRIN just came out with their 3" (as opposed to the 2.5") catback so if you're going with a stage 2 turbo or you just want a deeper exhaust note, you have that option as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts