Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished up the install last night. As many of you know, I always recommend Perrin products. They are great quality, always fit great, and are tested properly. Well, it's no different with their headerback exhaust. The install was overall very easy and the fitment is perfect after you adjust the hangers.

The sound is deep but not too loud, and there is zero drone at highway speeds. It's actually very quiet at idle and light throttle but has a nice growl when you step on it. It now sounds more like it should have in the first place, and the tips fill out the bumper openings nicely. I'll be scheduling dyno time soon to see the differences between this and stock. I don't like to make butt dyno claims, but the torque dip doesn't seem as bad as before. I dynoed the car at 1575 miles bone stock, and I have 12k on it now and a few mods.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A moment of silence for those in occupied territories. Can't even fathom dealing with bullshit like that.

Why I left Massachusetts to move to Nc, to many nanny rules. Now I get to play with full auto machine guns, sbr's, suppressors even to hunt with, no
magazine restrictions and verrrrryy liberal laws on lift, mods, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I finished up the install last night. As many of you know, I always recommend Perrin products. They are great quality, always fit great, and are tested properly. Well, it's no different with their headerback exhaust. The install was overall very easy and the fitment is perfect after you adjust the hangers.

The sound is deep but not too loud, and there is zero drone at highway speeds. It's actually very quiet at idle and light throttle but has a nice growl when you step on it. It now sounds more like it should have in the first place, and the tips fill out the bumper openings nicely. I'll be scheduling dyno time soon to see the differences between this and stock. I don't like to make butt dyno claims, but the torque dip doesn't seem as bad as before. I dynoed the car at 1575 miles bone stock, and I have 12k on it now and a few mods.
If I may ask, cost? Your description is spot on what Im looking for. Good solid sound, not going to be annoying on the highway. Looking for a full system that sounds good and will give me a bump in hp.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If I may ask, cost? Your description is spot on what Im looking for. Good solid sound, not going to be annoying on the highway. Looking for a full system that sounds good and will give me a bump in hp.
The bump in torque and drivability is what I appreciate. Exact same setup as OP. Much more responsive on surface streets due to the improved power band. Makes it a real joy to drive (not that it wasn't already).

YMMV

·
Registered
135 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts