Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MD BRZ MEET for OCT 7 is ON!

PM me your name, and cell # and where you are coming from and I will pm info back so we all have a point of contact incase meet moves. Also trying to get a head count.

who: FR-S/BRZ owners in their cars/ loaners/ and maybe a few other enthusiasts that wanna hang.

When: Sunday October 7th
1:00 pm for the meet
2:00 to start the ride

where: WAWA 204 Connolly Road, Fallston, MD 21047

good place to gas up, have coffee and a snack before we hit the road for that sweet 90ish mile cruse. I'm diggin that mapped out cruse from the post below. It can cut in half if ya don't wanna hang the whole time But would like to I would like to reserve so seats at a decent food place with decent parking on the return leg of trip.

Thanks,
Rhi

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd be interested and my schedule is open. Any thoughts as to a venue?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be interested and my schedule is open. Any thoughts as to a venue?
not too sure yet. depending on how big the group is, we could meet up in the parking lot at the tattoo shop I work at if its smallish, or something off of 95 if we get people from other states Like a welcome center maybe. It would be cool to have a fun ride trip plotted out but I would want it to be easily accessible to everyone. any ideas?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Reactions: ftc~brz

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hellz yeah. That route seems like a pretty legit road around here. I would love to get an open parking lot and do some informal autox runs, really run the car like it should be! Either way it goes I'm in too

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bowie autocross - what's the date and which club is sponsoring? I'm already signed up for the 10/13 autocross in Waldorf (Regency Furniture Stadium) run by the BMW club (nccautocross.com).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hellz yeah. That route seems like a pretty legit road around here. I would love to get an open parking lot and do some informal autox runs, really run the car like it should be! Either way it goes I'm in too

seriously harford road start at joppa rd in parkville/carney and end in belair. SOOOO FUN! just watch out for dear at night and old people durring day. There are passing zones so don't get to frazzled.
The 1st s turn in says 20mph, I did closer to 60! SOOOO SWEET! there are metal plates closer to record road @ harford co. line so watch your speed there. but it really a little amazing road for shits and giggles

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hoping many BRZ owners will joined this meet up.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HEY FOLKS!!!

Got news back on my car, should be picking her up from the shop tomorrow or next day so with or with out any further issues I am still down to meet if ya'll are. Looks like it will be a small group if anything. ( loaners welcome :p )
PM me:
Name, cell #, where you are driving from,

I will update this post in the next 2 days with a time and location....YAY!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I took a practice stab at the route I posted and it is pretty awesome in my opinion.

Lots of s turns, a few super tight turns and tons of pretty things for our passengers to look at while we have most of the fun!

I may do it again tomorrow am to make sure I have it down pat and I am also planning a food/beverage stop along the way or after.

I updated the original post with the details and If I get a chance I will try to type out directions to hand out just in case we lose a few at the back.

I'm stoked about this and anyone is really welcome to join, I would do it by my self if no one showed! lol

Hope to see ya'll there! Rhi

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ImageUploadedByAG Free1349381631.771470.jpg pulled off to check map

Was a little wet this am so she got a dirt bath on the 1st run ImageUploadedByAG Free1349381680.179929.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was free today (Sat) but busy tomorrow (Sun) so I gave the lower half of the course a drive. You will have fun. Watch out for the deer, tractors and people working - I had to yield to all three. There was a detour on Furniss Rd. You could skip the detour if you bypassed the first left onto Furniss Rd and instead turned left onto Pilgrims Pathway from 272. Pilgrims Pathway ends at Furniss Rd - just turn right to resume the course. Also, on the other side of the river, Flintville Rd is as bad as noted in the motorcycle guide - 15 MPH bad. Still a cool drive - sounds like the upper half is even better. Enjoy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was free today (Sat) but busy tomorrow (Sun) so I gave the lower half of the course a drive. You will have fun. Watch out for the deer, tractors and people working - I had to yield to all three. There was a detour on Furniss Rd. You could skip the detour if you bypassed the first left onto Furniss Rd and instead turned left onto Pilgrims Pathway from 272. Pilgrims Pathway ends at Furniss Rd - just turn right to resume the course. Also, on the other side of the river, Flintville Rd is as bad as noted in the motorcycle guide - 15 MPH bad. Still a cool drive - sounds like the upper half is even better. Enjoy.
Yeah, the river road part is awesome. I took he detour on the practice I think we will just go past the signs so no one gets lost. I didn't see deer but it looked like a big possibility and the old guy holding the stop sign was signaling me to slow down, I was doing 5mph...lol.
Sorry you can't make it with us. I just hope if it rains it is not heavy.
On that strange 1st left on furniss do you stay left of that stop sign or do you make the awkward left turn. (That was a surprise for me the first time)

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

1 - 20 of 34 Posts