Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
IMO, i think R&T simply took the Subaru front end and put it on a GT86 picture and a made a few simple changes
if you also noticed in their poorly written article they placed the height at 56", again way off

·
Registered
397 Posts
carbon roof !

there a ton of typos but whatever i hope the sti version will sport some snails, with thay 15:5:1 compression =/

·
Registered
126 Posts
Other than having the wrong height, I don't see anything else wrong with the article, which is just a first glance review and not an in depth full review.

15.5:1 compression ratio is really high in a production NA engine let alone one with a turbo. Manufacturers usually lower compression to turbo charge an engine. In the FA20's case, I'd suspect a 9-10:1 ratio before turbo charging becomes a viable option. Stock is going to be 12.5:1 I believe, which is why premium fuel is going to be required.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just need the carbon roof and fast & furious rear spolier

I can do without the spoiler. Deck spoiler is all I need. Carbon roof would be nice, but I don't see this happening for cost reasons, even on an STI. Unless there's some new fangled way of cheaply integrating carbon fiber that Subaru has developed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts