Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Production Spec Subaru BRZ Previewed at National Conference & Latest Subaru BRZ Coupe

Production Spec Subaru BRZ Previewed at National Conference & Latest Subaru BRZ Coupe Info/Rumors.

According to some well placed sources, it appears that Subaru has previewed the production spec Subaru BRZ coupe in-the-flesh to the attendees of the 2011 Subaru National Business Conference, which took place recently in Chicago.

Based on various info posted in our forum discussions, the following info/speculation is currently floating around regarding the Subaru BRZ coupe following the event:

– Production spec Subaru BRZ coupe was shown to those in attendance at the 2011 Subaru National Business Conference in Chicago.
– Said to resemble a mini-Maserati
– Styling is nothing like the clear plastic Boxer Sport Car Architecture showcase car
– Subaru has not yet decided if BRZ will come in just manual or also auto
– “Price is expected to be around $20k.”
– One dealership was told to “only expect 1-2 coupe’s in the first 6-12 months of its release.”

Obviously unless it’s been confirmed by Subaru, take everything with a grain of salt for now. Hopefully, the Subaru BRZ technology concept’s reveal at next month’s Frankfurt motor show will bring some official info from Subaru.

With that said, DISCUSS AWAY!

·
Registered
187 Posts
1-2 coupes in the first 6-12 months of it's release sounds like some sort of joke to me, I hope this isn't true. Why create all this hype over a vehicle and when release time comes, hardly any of them will be out? WOW

If true, people will loose interest in the BRZ really quick.

·
Registered
272 Posts
1-2 coupes in the first 6-12 months of it's release sounds like some sort of joke to me, I hope this isn't true. Why create all this hype over a vehicle and when release time comes, hardly any of them will be out? WOW

If true, people will loose interest in the BRZ really quick.
Agree.

How do they even expect to sell lol. All that work to make a new vehicle that is an affordable go fast car then to just sell 1-2 in a year span is BAD

I wonder if Toyota and Scion will be doing the same thing.

·
Registered
359 Posts
that is some extremely slow production numbers.. its even slower than hand built super car production...

what is Subaru thinking...

·
Registered
272 Posts
that is some extremely slow production numbers.. its even slower than hand built super car production...

what is Subaru thinking...
funny enough this is so true.

since the the BRZ is suppose to be the fast car out the 3 (BRZ, FR-S & FT-86), maybe Subaru is doing this to save FR-S and FT-86 sales?

·
Registered
126 Posts
The 1-2 in 6-12 months sorta makes sense considering where this conference took place. Dealers in Cali, FL, and other non midwest states will be getting the most initially.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Said to resemble a mini-Maserati?

If its confirmed to look similar to the FR-S how does it look like a mini maserati? Does the FR-S look like a maserati?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts