Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been discussed before. HORRIBLE. My take on this is: IF Subaru/Scion would have let me choose a radio (with or without Nav) -- would I have been savvy enough to choose something simple and retro...? I bought my BRZ wanting simplicity. And I'm broke. And I'll put it away for the winter. So, I got the Premium (and I don't like permanent silly spoilers). Yup, I would have liked Keyless Access & Start. But, back to my argument. I drove an elderly Miata last week. I don't want it; I like my BRZ much better, but MY HAND KNEW all about the radio (no thick manual required), AND it sounded better and picked up stations better. As for Navigation, the smart-phone is fine, better, cheaper, updated - for those rare times when you don't know quite where you're going. Anyway, I thought it would be fun if Subaru could offer more options so that you could have a good old fashioned Triumph or MG effect, or a Miata effect, or a fully modern "techy" effect. BUT WOULD I HAVE BEEN WISE ENOUGH to choose the retro radio...? Yes, I know, it's a moot point. No car company is going to let us design these particulars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts