Subaru BRZ Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have it occasionally. It goes away if I put the clutch in. I just did the fuel pump replacement deal at the dealer and they looked into the rattling sound and didn't find anything. I may have mis-directed them though with the possible "loose engine cover bolt" issue.

My first oil change is coming soon and I'll have the dealer look a little closer. It sounds like a loose bolt sort of rattle coming from the tranny/clutch area.

Bad throw out bearing is a great call though I think!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Try skipping from 2nd to 3rd - that way you can explain it on demand. That is the same rattle I hear in normal driving - but not always.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine does it after a long trip, when i slow down in 2 or 3 gear it sound like there was no oil in the tranny and the gear where all slack?????? First time for me and i own 18 cars!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine does it after a long trip, when i slow down in 2 or 3 gear it sound like there was no oil in the tranny and the gear where all slack?????? First time for me and i own 18 cars!
This my thought it sounds like a bad bearing inside the tranny to me. like it was not filled with oil from the factory. This is my 8th stick shift car and have never heard of this problem strait out of the box, but i was worried about what I've heard about the "glass gear box" from subie's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually just posted about this sound about a month ago. Mine started happening after my first oil change so I thought they messed something up but now I'm nearly to 12k miles and still the same problem. I have also noticed with mine that it never happens in gear. I haven't tried pushing in the clutch to stop it but my noise seems to last about 1-2 seconds when it happens. I am going to take it in today to see if they have any ideas. I'm in hick country right now and about 1 of every 3 cars here are subaru so hopefully some luck. I'll let you all know what they say.

Just out of curiosity- has anyone looked at an FRS forum?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I get the rattle when when under acceleration at around 2-4k rpm range. Definitely coming from the transmission as the sound isn't consistent when I rev the engine; only when the car is moving. It's the same rattle noise that you get if you accidentally lug the engine in the high 500's low 1k rpm range (don't actually do it)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did anyone ever get any resolution to this problem? I have a similar issue on my 2017, but never had an issued on my 2013.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So after some research it could possibly be a loose steering rack I have the same problem and mines an automatic. it sounds like metal rattling on each other only happens at slow speed for me the location of the sound, sounds like its coming from the end of the steering wheel.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts