Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The kit being sold by Phastek is the real deal, I am happy to report. I just got my kit and had it installed today at a local modshop. Works great and only took about an hour to have installed. Kit was about $70 and the install was $48. My favorite new mod on my brz.:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
thanks for the post. i checked the website out...when does the white part light up? or does it at all? i want one that lights up on reverse

·
Registered
79 Posts
thanks for the post. i checked the website out...when does the white part light up? or does it at all? i want one that lights up on reverse
I purchased the kit from phastek to do mine as well. If you are wondering when the kit lights up, it acts like the taillights but does not change the way the reverse lights act. So if you turn your lights on it lights up and then as soon as you hit the brakes it lights up brighter while the brake lights are on. Idk if this answers your question but I hope it helps!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got the same kit after searching ebay for a cheaper one. This kit is really no more than $20 dollars in parts. Also, hopefully some people it decided to install this kit your self read this, but the install is very simple. The only thing I had problems with, was cutting the hole for the socket. That was a complete hassle and it honestly looks like a 5 year old cut it out. but its functional and I haven't had any moisture build up in the housing. My only advice is that you take out the reverse/rear fog light housing out of the car before you do it. It makes it so much harder to do it underneath the car. But I was lazy and didn't feel like it so I had to struggle through it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got the same kit after searching ebay for a cheaper one. This kit is really no more than $20 dollars in parts. Also, hopefully some people it decided to install this kit your self read this, but the install is very simple. The only thing I had problems with, was cutting the hole for the socket. That was a complete hassle and it honestly looks like a 5 year old cut it out. but its functional and I haven't had any moisture build up in the housing. My only advice is that you take out the reverse/rear fog light housing out of the car before you do it. It makes it so much harder to do it underneath the car. But I was lazy and didn't feel like it so I had to struggle through it.
I took the housing out, but it also was a hassle. I have the diffuser and I think it made it a little harder but it was super hard to get the housing out once it was unconnected. If it makes you feel better I had trouble cutting the hole as well even with the housing out lol. Overall though it was all worth it and I'm super happy with how it turned out!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I took the housing out, but it also was a hassle. I have the diffuser and I think it made it a little harder but it was super hard to get the housing out once it was unconnected. If it makes you feel better I had trouble cutting the hole as well even with the housing out lol. Overall though it was all worth it and I'm super happy with how it turned out!
It does actually make me feel better lol. Thought I had just had one too many Corona that night. It definitely would have been better if they gave you something like a stensil to use when cutting it out. Maybe even a little bit more in depth directions on how to cut it out. Regardless, I also like how it turned out. Looks great and works the way it should.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts