Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Maryland and have read numerous times in various publications and online that the BRZ scheduled maintenance cost is covered by Subaru. My dealer said no. I called Subaru and they said it is not covered. After seeing this a few more times in magazines, I called Subaru again and demanded to speak to someone who could clear this up. They reluctantly admitted that it only applies in certain states. I was outraged and told them so. I could have bought the car in another state and gotten all scheduled maintenance for free! They eventually agreed to send me a voucher to cover the cost of the maintenance. Anyone else experience this? If its not covered in your state, call and complain!

Max

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought my BRZ last Friday in Chandler AZ, and it's a combination of factors. Normal maintenance is covered, but southern Arizona is regarded as an extreme environment due to the heat, so the oil-change interval is shortened. The regular service that's part of the normal maintenance schedule is covered free, but you have to pay for the 2 additional oil changes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer told me that in Southern California, SOA has been offering 2 years of free maintenance as a perk for several years now, mostly for competitive reasons (since several other manufacturers offer it and they don't want to lose on that account). So mine has free maintenance, but a friend (who lives in Northern California) with the exact same BRZ does not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts