Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up by 2015 series blue yesterday, I would like to drive it this winter when possible, (not a ton of snow on the road). Question is can I get by with snow tires on the rear only, or should I put them on the front as well as the back, (for better steering and stopping)?

Thanks for your input...

·
Registered
51 Posts
The short answer is: you need all 4 wheels to have the same grip characteristics if you don't want to lose control. So you need them on all 4 wheels. Tire Rack has a good selection and a lot of information on winter tires.

·
Registered
483 Posts
This car needs rear grip and snow tires are essential for winter driving.

Never fit different tires front and rear especially for winter. ALWAYS fit tires in sets of four identical tires.

Even staggered fitment is not recommended for winter (and it's not a smart idea for summer either, objectively speaking. Staggered set ups are for looks).

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got the LM32s also. Perfect for this car for my area (MD). Haven't tried snow yet (luckily) but hit some ice on a bridge one morning. Back end got a little squirrelly, but only a little. Hoping they continue to ward off the snow this year!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was able to get a set of Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 tires with 16" steel wheels from Tire Rack. We have had some very icy conditions this winter and they work pretty well. I am glad I got them even though I don't drive it much. Waiting for spring!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Bridgestone WS 80 are getting top ratings at the moment.

For higher performance on bare road the latest Pirelli Sottozero Serie III is the one to get.

Decide if high performance is your goal, or snow and ice traction. You can't have both in the same tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts