Subaru BRZ Forum banner

So what ECU software version do you guys have?

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  fx35s 
#1 · (Edited)
Read this on ft86 forum.

Scroll down a bit and you will see long posting CSG Mike posted, quoted from some place else with graphs involving Transient Ignition Retard table and so on.

If you check your door seal area where the recommended tire pressures are shown you will be able to check your BRZ's manufactured date.

It seems like most BRZs built after February 2013 will most likely have an updated software version which reads ZA1JA01G instead of ZA1JA00C, or older version, ZA1J700G.

My BRZ was built in December 2012 and I have Cal. version ZA1JA00C- which still has issues.

The new Cal. version ZA1JA01G will solve many problems up to date!

You can check the details here.

FYI:

Calibration ID: ZA1JA01G / Released in May 2013
- "Changes to transient spark control to resolve failing (direct) fuel injector seals caused by excessive detonation when changing gear at high engine speed (above 5200rpm)"

Calibration ID: ZA1JA00G / Released in December 2012
- "Updates to fix the VVT issue (rough idle, CEL, etc,.)"

Calibration ID: ZA1J700G (Original calibration)

Hope this helps!
(Kudos and credits to "Stu")

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Boxer, I'm pretty sure any dealerships will update you to the new calibration version.

I would be surprised if they won't update it for you.

I haven't shifted in that high of a rpm range yet (I'm new to MT and I'm still a noob :p) but I do not want any problems down the road so I'm thinking about taking my brz to the dealership next weekend.

Check with your local dealerships and see if they will update you to the new calibration version.

It should be free, but I am not sure if all dealerships will have the newest calibration software in their systems so that you might have to ask your dealership ~_~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.