Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wrote SoA telling them about the way consumers have had with a number of dealerships in the New England Region.
They wrote me back in less than 24hrs. I told them I was cancelling my BRZ order because of this and that the BRZ as great of a car as it is may turn people away from Subaru for now or indefinitely.

I decided to keep my preorder but I will make the decision based on the current dealerships honesty about when MY car is coming (1st-2nd week of June), hidden fees, them trying to sell me a different trim or color basically meaning they bought a number of the cars in different colors and trims and gave each one on a first come first serve or any other number of factors. I also see them changing the amount of my trade-in value.

We shall see.

Dear Mr.:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Subaru of America, Inc. We regret to learn that you are cancelling your BRZ order.

We do appreciate you bringing to our attention your feedback on Subaru dealers, especially in New England with regards to BRZ orders. Your message has been documented in our Customer/Dealer Services database. This will allow for your message to be properly reviewed, tracked and considered by our Sales, Marketing and Distribution Departments. Subaru is always striving to improve as an organization and appreciates when our customers bring their interests and concerns to our attention.

Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Sincerely,

John J. Mergen
Subaru of America, Inc.
Customer/Dealer Services Department
1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783)
Service Request #1-1999016495

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hmmm....sounds like a pretty generic response. I'd call up John Mergen and ask him what is likely to come from these complaints if there are enough of them?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey ngabdala - don't know if autotrader is the best representation, but there are at least 2 on there in Hadley, MA (1 DGM). just go pick one up :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They don't have those cars yet. And, this dealership was supposed to call me if they were getting a DGM. Sadly they have not. My original salesperson was a stand up guy. He was with customers one day and they had me talk with someone else. Everything he did and said fell in line with a shady used car salesman. I couldn't help but feel raped when I left. I was so disturbed I didn't realize I was driving 84mph at a spot that always has a speedtrap which I normally slow down for.

I didn't even mean to speed. I was angry and in my head.

Hey ngabdala - don't know if autotrader is the best representation, but there are at least 2 on there in Hadley, MA (1 DGM). just go pick one up :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Just go somewhere else man. SImple as that. All dealers are not created equal, and unfortunately when you sell cars through a dealership they don't exactly have the ability to vet each one up to SOA standards. I lol when you wrote you may keep it

·
Registered
598 Posts
There are FR-S and BRZs showing up on autotrader. Seems like people are taking advantage of the hype.
I'd stick with finding a good dealership. Cut out flippers trying to make a dime. Unless you find someone whose backing out of their order and willing to give your theirs.

As much is it may drive you nuts, you might just have to wait a little longer till the hype dies down.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's been a battle doing that. I'm tired dude. I've talked to places in a 2hour radius near me.

I'd stick with finding a good dealership. Cut out flippers trying to make a dime. Unless you find someone whose backing out of their order and willing to give your theirs.

As much is it may drive you nuts, you might just have to wait a little longer till the hype dies down.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm trying man. I've tried alot of places. Now I have to pass time until it comes in.

I've been researching other cars, spending time on the forums, and watching Roadfly TV reviews with Jesse Lang :eek:

Just go somewhere else man. SImple as that. All dealers are not created equal, and unfortunately when you sell cars through a dealership they don't exactly have the ability to vet each one up to SOA standards. I lol when you wrote you may keep it

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thats too bad your getting this shitty of sales service for such a fantastic car :(
That response does seem pretty cookie cutter, but you need to remember these are just customer service reps that cant do much more than that. Hopefully they really do send your letter up the latter to someone who can make a difference. BTW Nice job on actually writing a letter instead of just bitching on a forum or yelling at someone over the phone, letters ALWAYS make more of an impact. Good luck!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sure the know that this dealership problem isn't only happening in my region of the country.

Thats too bad your getting this shitty of sales service for such a fantastic car :(
That response does seem pretty cookie cutter, but you need to remember these are just customer service reps that cant do much more than that. Hopefully they really do send your letter up the latter to someone who can make a difference. BTW Nice job on actually writing a letter instead of just bitching on a forum or yelling at someone over the phone, letters ALWAYS make more of an impact. Good luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Interesting I sent a two plus page letter/e mail expressing my concerns about my BRZ order in Idaho and other things related to their current allocation methods and got a response from a woman followed by a response that they are researching my concerns with other departments, guess who has the issue now, the same SOA person, John J. Mergen. I will be interested to see the response I get, which was promised by Friday end of business.

·
Registered
32 Posts
nagbdala, which dealer ship did you order your car from? I ordered mine in MA and still haven't heard a word about the status.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I ordered from the 3rd largest dealership in New England as it is closest to where I live in western MA. It is Bertera Subaru of Hartford. It's a 20min drive from me.

A couple weeks ago I was told my order would be in the first allocation the first week of June, then he said if it's not here then it will be here in July's shipment.

A week later he said my order would be in by Mid-June. What is strange is that they still have no additional info on the date so did he forget that he told me July is possible?

This is actually a very minor issue to me. The issue standing is they keep changing their estimate on my trade-in. It's a 2011 Civic Si and I've only driven an additional 500 miles since they appraised it. Now it's at 25,500 miles. They're talking about depreciation and extra miles now bringing my value even less. Yeah I'm sure a Honda Civic Si that new with a 500 mile difference on a 2011, the last 8th gen model before they made the ugly 2012 and the uglier 2013 concept has depreciated at all. It's a Honda let alone their best engine and car (sadly I must admit) since the s2000.

Also originally they told me I would get X amount. I flipped through the papers and the number there was less than that. The salesperson said "Oh you weren't supposed to see that."

So right now and jerking me on the trade-in value will make me walk. Additionally, they feel they are in such a powerful position because they can always sell the car somewhere else. I have no problem walking away at this point. I'm pissed enough as is.

Also, I was reading reviews on that dealership and many people complained about hidden fees. An overwhelming amount. Now this is no surprise to me. This has been a tactic long before the BRZ. Supposedly, these fees are over the $100-$400 average.

I could go on and on about my experiences. This doesn't scratch the surface.

I am researching other vehicles now. This may not be the year of RWD for me. If it was it would be sad as this car fills in the inexpensive, lightweight, low CoG rwd coupe niche and nothing else does. (**** Mazda)

If I go RWD it will be a 370z. I'd take advantage of a 2011-2012 soon because the 2013 will be out soon so I'll have more room to negotiate.

Other than that I'm confused but very open minded. I may test drive a wrx hatch or gti just in case. There are things I'd have to give up choosing one over the other. I would rather neither.

I'm looking into other cars too. Just don't know what yet :) I have at least 30 days minimum to figure it out lol

nagbdala, which dealer ship did you order your car from? I ordered mine in MA and still haven't heard a word about the status.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oh OK. I ended up pre-ordering from Quirkworks Subaru in Braintree MA. I have been in contact with them on a weekly basis and still have no word on when any cars will be delivered to them. All i know is that I'm 2nd in line

I ordered from the 3rd largest dealership in New England as it is closest to where I live in western MA. It is Bertera Subaru of Hartford. It's a 20min drive from me.

A couple weeks ago I was told my order would be in the first allocation the first week of June, then he said if it's not here then it will be here in July's shipment.

A week later he said my order would be in by Mid-June. What is strange is that they still have no additional info on the date so did he forget that he told me July is possible?

This is actually a very minor issue to me. The issue standing is they keep changing their estimate on my trade-in. It's a 2011 Civic Si and I've only driven an additional 500 miles since they appraised it. Now it's at 25,500 miles. They're talking about depreciation and extra miles now bringing my value even less. Yeah I'm sure a Honda Civic Si that new with a 500 mile difference on a 2011, the last 8th gen model before they made the ugly 2012 and the uglier 2013 concept has depreciated at all. It's a Honda let alone their best engine and car (sadly I must admit) since the s2000.

Also originally they told me I would get X amount. I flipped through the papers and the number there was less than that. The salesperson said "Oh you weren't supposed to see that."

So right now and jerking me on the trade-in value will make me walk. Additionally, they feel they are in such a powerful position because they can always sell the car somewhere else. I have no problem walking away at this point. I'm pissed enough as is.

Also, I was reading reviews on that dealership and many people complained about hidden fees. An overwhelming amount. Now this is no surprise to me. This has been a tactic long before the BRZ. Supposedly, these fees are over the $100-$400 average.

I could go on and on about my experiences. This doesn't scratch the surface.

I am researching other vehicles now. This may not be the year of RWD for me. If it was it would be sad as this car fills in the inexpensive, lightweight, low CoG rwd coupe niche and nothing else does. (**** Mazda)

If I go RWD it will be a 370z. I'd take advantage of a 2011-2012 soon because the 2013 will be out soon so I'll have more room to negotiate.

Other than that I'm confused but very open minded. I may test drive a wrx hatch or gti just in case. There are things I'd have to give up choosing one over the other. I would rather neither.

I'm looking into other cars too. Just don't know what yet :) I have at least 30 days minimum to figure it out lol

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Try contacting Subaru of New England. What sucks is here in NE we don't get VON or VIN# so some of us don't know where we really are in line or if when the time comes they tell us we have to pick a car different than the one we ordered which is happening in the U.S. at many dealerships.

Oh OK. I ended up pre-ordering from Quirkworks Subaru in Braintree MA. I have been in contact with them on a weekly basis and still have no word on when any cars will be delivered to them. All i know is that I'm 2nd in line

1 - 20 of 26 Posts