Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm going to start off by saying something. I'm an audiophile. My other vehicle has a $9000 stereo system in it. I can't stand the sound in the stock system. I'm looking to replace some of the parts. I found a website that listed the speaker sizes and I'm wondering if it is correct. Here's what onlinecarstereo.com shows the factory speakers to be:

Onlinecarstereo.com - Vehicle Fit Guide, What Fits My Car

Speaker Specifications
Location Size Depth
Front Speaker 4 2.6
Front Tweeter 1 1
Rear Speaker 3.5 4
Subwoofer 8 4
Subwoofer 8 4

Does anyone know if this is correct? I know there is a 3-4" midrange in the rear side panel and on the dash. There is also a tweeter in the dash. Is the door speaker really 8"?

· Registered
76 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, and I took mine in to get looked at and go over some options. The front door speakers are 4", the mid is a 3.5", and the tweeter is 1". The rear panel speakers are the 3.5 like you have on there. I didn't think that was completely accurate, but from the way these stock speakers sound, it's highly believable.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I opened up the doors and it is a 6.5" speaker there. Here is what I am looking at doing.

hertz hsk 163 3-speaker component set. (1", 3", and 6.5" in factory locations)
2 rockford fosgate p3sd4-8 8" subs in rear side panels(custom fiberglass box to fit the body panels)
rockford fosgate t800-4ad amp
pioneer avh-p8400bh

Any thoughts or input?

· Registered
3 Posts
Keep us updated. Sounds cool. I will be doing something myself. Thinking of a similar setup. If there is room i will do 8"s in the rear sides, fiberglass, otherwise, might just do something in the trunk. First order of business is to get into the radio itself and figure out a new headuint, or if i can setup pre-outs to the stock radio.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the research I've done, there are no pre-amp rca outputs on the factory head unit. The shallow mount 8" from fosgate requires a minimum box size of .2 cubic feet. That's why I'm thinking that's going to be able to fit where the rear fill 3.5" are. Right now I'm holding off doing anything till the spring. I'm garaging my BRZ and choosing not to let it know salt gets on the road. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts