Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This DIY guide will walk you through installing the stock mud guards on your BRZ/FR-S. These can be purchased @ any Scion dealer for around $65. The part number is PU060-18013-P1

Proceed at your own risk, I'm not responsible for any harm to yourself or your car that occurs while following this guide. Always be careful when under a motor vehicle, ensure it is properly supported at all times.

HERE IS THE STOCK PDF: View attachment 19761

Equipment required:
19mm socket for lug nuts (lug key if needed)
Breaker bar with 3" extension
Torque wrench
Bone tool (or flat head screwdriver for prying)
#2 Phillips screwdriver
5/16" drill bit (or 8mm)
Electric drill
Floor jack
Jack stands (x2)
Wheel Chocks

What's included w/the Mud Guards

FRONT INSTALL PROCEDURE
NOTE:
- Ensure the car is in gear and parking brake engaged.
- The first step is to break loose the lug nuts on the front wheels. Use a breaker bar, as most torque wrenches should not be used to untorque nuts.
- Next, jack up the front of the car.

NOTE:
- I recommend using a set of jack pads like these, got them @ Harbor Freight for $8

NOTE:
- Ensure all tools have been removed from underneath vehicle
- Install the lug nuts to finger tightness while wheel is in the air
- Once on the ground, torque lugs in a star pattern to 89 ft-lbs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Proceed at your own risk, I'm not responsible for any harm to yourself or your car that occurs while following this guide. Always be careful when under a motor vehicle, ensure it is properly supported at all times.

REAR INSTALL PROCEDURE
NOTE:
- The first step is to break loose the lug nuts on the rear wheels. Use a breaker bar, as most torque wrenches should not be used to untorque nuts.
- Place wheel chocks in front of the front tires.
- Next, jack up the front of the car.

NOTE:
- Ensure all tools have been removed from underneath vehicle
- Install the lug nuts to finger tightness while wheel is in the air
- Once on the ground, torque lugs in a star pattern to 89 ft-lbs
- Most torque wrenches should be returned to 0 ft-lbs when not in use.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I purchased the mudflaps from subaruonlineparts.com for about $120 includes shipping
They took about an hour to put on. I used a small tool with a screw driver tip to reach into wheelwell- did NOT have to remove wheels in rear. Front wheels can be turned for access.
I like these because they are flexible and give some when hitting low bumps and things like leaving the driveway!
They also had predrilled holes and all parts and holes lined up perfectly. I give them 5stars!
Also use a laptop to access directions in color, easier to read while installing than using the black white directions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts